Dr. Katie Stonelake is a cardiologist practicing in PHILADELPHIA, PA. Dr. Stonelake specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Stonelake also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Katie Michelle Stonelake's Practice location
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104Get Direction
Katie Michelle Stonelake's reviewsWrite Review
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- Fried Foods Aren't as Dangerous as We Thought
Spanish researchers have found that foods fried in healthier oils, like olive or sunflower oil, may not cause heart disease and premature death. The study was conducted on 40,000 adults who were followed up for 11 years to track the food intake and risk of heart disease. Although the study brings...
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Overweight Children Are Likely to Have High Blood Pressure
A new study published in the journal, Hypertension, shows that a child who is overweight is at risk of high blood pressure, three times more than an average weight child. In this study 1,111 children were followed up for an average of four years. Height weight and blood pressure of the...
- Can Fatty Fish Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease?
A recent study has shown that young women may benefit by having fatty fish, as it provides protection against heart disease and stroke. According to researcher Marin Strom, PhD, Statens Serum Institut in Copenhagen, Denmark, even a modest intake of fishes that provide omega-3 fatty acids provide...
- Dr. Robert A. Watson III M.D.1235 Old York Rd Abington PA 19001
- Dr. Harvey Andrew Snyder MD210 W Atlantic Ave Haddon Heights New Jersey 08035
- Dr. Gilbert Grossman MD700 Cottman Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111
- Dr. Edward Sawyer Cooper M.D.6710 LINCOLN DRIVE PHILADELPHIA PA 19119
- Dr. Irina M. Joukova M.D., PH.D.10752 Bustleton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116
- Dr. Indranil Dasgupta M.D.941 Lombard Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19147