Dr. Mildred Barnett is a psychiatrist practicing in TAMPA, FL. Dr. Barnett is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Barnett diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Barnett may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Barnett treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
Dr. Mildred Barnett MD's Practice location
TAMPA, FL 33612Get Direction
Dr. Mildred Barnett MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- What Is Antisocial Personality Disorder?
Antisocial Personality DisorderAntisocial personality disorder, also called sociopathy, is a type of personality disorder that is characterized by irresponsible, criminal, and impulsive behavior. A person with antisocial personality disorder is often reckless, dishonest, and manipulative with no...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Dr. Dinar Sajan MD2655 FL-580 Clearwater FL 33761
- Heather M. Neeley905 E Martin Luther King Jr Dr Tarpon Springs Florida 34689
- Dr. Eric L Weinstock M.D.1300 N WEST SHORE BLVD TAMPA FL 33607
- Dr. Milagros Oliviery-Lorenzo M.D.2670 Frisco Drive Clearwater Florida 33761
- David J Campopiano ARNP BC9307 Cypress Bend Drive Tampa FL 33647
- Dr. Reham A Sadek MD11428 n. 53rd st. Temple Terrace Tampa FL 33617