Dr. Lauren Hovis is an Addiction Medicine Physician in COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA. Dr. Hovis evaluates patients using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Addiction Medicine Physicians provide medical care in addition to consultation for each patient and their families.
- Protective effect of Mangifera indica L. polyphenols on human T lymphocytes against activation-induced cell death.
- Priming and boosting determinants on the antibody response to an Epidermal Growth Factor-based cancer vaccine.
- Safety, immunogenicity and preliminary efficacy of multiple-site vaccination with an Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) based cancer vaccine in advanced non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients.
- Challenges and opportunities for cancer vaccines in the current NSCLC clinical scenario.
- A Phase III Clinical Trial of the Epidermal Growth Factor Vaccine CIMAvax-EGF as Switch Maintenance Therapy in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients.
Lauren Whitney Hovis L.P.C.'s Practice location
COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA 23834Get Direction
Lauren Whitney Hovis L.P.C.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children
There are a number of characteristics that separate children and adolescents from adults. However, the main difference between the two is the fact that adults are more in control of every aspect of their lives compared to children and adolescents.We do find it normal for a child to experience...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- AIDS: How to Give a Patient Emotional Support
OverviewFor a patient with HIV, physical health is not the only issue they have to face. Along with physical illness, there are loads of mental health issues that may also affect an HIV patient. These issues could be anything from depression and anxiety to insecurity and others. Many people suffer...
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- How Prevalent Is Affluenza?
IntroductionInfluenza and affluence combine to form the word affluenza. Similar to how viruses infect their host, affluenza, being a social virus, infects millions of people around the world. It consumes the lives of people with the bold pursuit of materialism. It is predominantly an American...
- Can Porn Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Introduction Erectile dysfunction is a man’s inability to maintain an erection during sexual activities. It may occasionally happen or may become a chronic or permanent problem. Erectile dysfunction may be due to the following psychological and physical causes:...