Dr. Chetna Purohit is a pathologist practicing in BROOKSVILLE, FL. Dr. Purohit is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Purohit can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Purohit may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Mymensingh Medical College 1988
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology
- University of South Florida Morsani Program A
Dr. Chetna N Purohit MD's Practice location
BROOKSVILLE, FL 34613Get Direction
Dr. Chetna N Purohit MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Dr. Meenakshi Malhotra M.D.Brooksville Regional Hospital, Dept Pathology Brooksville FL 34605
- Dr. Karen D Buchanan MD11375 Cortez Blvd Brooksville FL 34613
- Dr. Adam Wilfong M.D.11375 Cortez Blvd Brooksville FL 34613
- Dr. Loretta D Augustine M.D.12204 Cortez Blvd Brooksville FL 34613
- Dr. Kathleen Mobley M.D.11375 Cortez Blvd Brooksville FL 34613
- Dr. Peter H. Tan MD13100 Fort King Rd Dade City FL 33525