Dr. Lyjia Strachan is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in LA PORTE, IN. Dr. Strachan specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Strachan can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Strachan can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 2006
- Gestational Diabetes
- University of Minnesota Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Lyjia O'layinka Strachan M.D.'s Practice location
LA PORTE, IN 46350Get Direction
Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Direction
Knox, IN 46534Get Direction
Dr. Lyjia O'layinka Strachan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- What Doctor Can I See if I Have Genital Herpes?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by mild dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs will not...
- What Is a Mucus Plug?
What is a mucus plug?A mucus plug is a thick mucus that seals the cervical canal. It is also known as the cervical mucus plug. The cervix produces a jelly-like substance to keep the area protected and moist during pregnancy. This substance builds up, which creates a plug of mucus. It serves as a...
- Treatments for Bronchitis During Pregnancy
Although bronchitis can be a harmful illness to those who suffer from it, pregnant women may be more severely affected by the symptoms of bronchitis. Bronchitis can cause fetal complications for pregnant women who require constant oxygen levels to stay healthy. Since pregnancy weakens women's...
- Musician and Wife Hope for Miracle in Her Battle Against Ovarian Cancer
A couple in Boston are praying for a miracle as they try to find a way to be admitted to the Dana-Farber Institute.A musical love storyRonny Monroe has lived quite the life as a musician, one that many others aspire to. He was coached by the same singing instructor as Chris Cornell, he has been a...
- Everything You Need to Know About C-Sections
What is a C-section?Cesarean delivery, commonly known as C-section is a surgical procedure used to deliver a baby by making an incision in the abdomen and uterus of the mother.A C-section may be planned ahead of time or if you’ve had C-section before. Women who consider not having vaginal birth...
- Dr. Deborah R Karp MD1300 State St La Porte IN 46350
- Dr. Cynthia M Phelan MD1300 State St La Porte IN 46350
- Dr. Cheryl D Short MD, FACOG1101 Glendale Blvd Valparaiso IN 46383
- Dr. Aileen G Stiller MD1300 State St La Porte IN 46350
- Dr. Julius Rodney Ellis MD FACOG601 Kieffer Road Michigan City IN 46360
- Dr. Michael J Messina DO810 Michael Dr Chesterton IN 46304