Dr. Stacen Velvin is a psychiatrist practicing in GALVESTON, TX. Dr. Velvin is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Velvin diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Velvin may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Velvin treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Dr. Stacen Joseph Velvin M.D.'s Practice location
GALVESTON, TX 77555Get Direction
Dr. Stacen Joseph Velvin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- What Are the Types of Hallucinations?
Hallucinations are when you perceive something in the absence of an external stimulus. For example, you may hear someone speaking to you even when there is no one around you within your hearing distance. Hallucinations are not just hearing things; it could be of different types. This article is...
- Wellbutrin Weight Loss: How Does Wellbutrin Work for Weight Loss?
What is Wellbutrin?Wellbutrin is a brand name of bupropion. It is an antidepressant and is mainly used to treat seasonal depression and major depressive disorder. It works by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. ...
- Beverly Jo Vanderpool3 Compass Circle Galveston Texas 77554
- Dr. Derek Neal M.D.301 University Blvd. Glaveston Texas 77555
- Dr. Wallace B Mendelson MD1 E. APACHE ST. WICKENBURG AZ 85390
- Dr. Sadiat Kristina Olatunbosun M.D.6424 Central City Blvd Galveston TX 77551
- Dr. Erica Snook M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Marco Antonio Vega MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555