Dr. Lisa Aptaker is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in BRONX, NY. Dr. Aptaker specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Aptaker can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Aptaker can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Lisa Aptaker MD's Practice location
BRONX, NY 10457Get Direction
Lisa Aptaker MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Lower the Risk of Preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is a common condition during pregnancy characterized by very high blood pressure and the presence of proteins in urine, both of which are seen after 20 weeks of pregnancy. The blood pressure in the pregnant woman who had normal measure of blood pressure rises to as high as 140/90 mm of...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Cervical Cancer?
Abnormal growth and division of the cells in the cervix leads to cervical cancer. The cervix is the part of the female body that connects the uterus to the vagina. The abnormal cells become invasive and they may invade other organs, like lungs, liver, bladder, and even rectum. As the disease...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer seen in women, and may lead to surgery, impaired body image and sexuality, and sometimes death. Breast self-examination is ideal for women to understand what is normal, and to spot any changes that may need physician’s attention. Any unusual changes...
- What Are the Different Essential Nutrients for Women?
The nutritional requirements of women differ from the nutritional needs of men. Moreover, these requirements change depending on what stage the body is in, like during pregnancy, if a woman is breastfeeding, menstruation, and menopause. The second the female body undergoes puberty, the essential...
- Ovarian Cancer: Is it Asymptomatic in the Early Stages?
Only three percent of women in the world who are diagnosed with some form of cancer have ovarian cancer. This type of cancer has the highest percentage of deaths in the female population. Every cancer starts when the growth of cells becomes abnormal and out of control. Ovarian cancer begins in the...
- Potential New Target Found for Ovarian Cancer Treatment
Being diagnosed with any form of cancer is a scary event that can turn a person’s world upside down. While cancer is never good, there are certain forms of the disease that are more threatening than others.When it comes to women, especially post-menopausal women, endometrial cancer can be one of...
- Dr. Peter Guirguis M.D.464 77th Street Brooklyn New York 11209
- Anat Zelmanovich509 East 77th Street New York New York 10075
- Dr. Miller Vaca M.D.1065 Southern Blvd Bronx NY 10459
- Dr. Juanita Mestre-Dudley M.D.200 Garden City Plaza Garden City New York 11530
- Dr. Rony Tanios Elias M.D.1305 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Karen L. Patrusky MD401A South Van Brunt Street Englewood New Jersey 07631