Savannah Thaler RDN, LDN
Dietitian-Nutritionist7105A CAPITOL AVE COLUMBUS MS, 39705
Dr. Savannah Thaler practices Nutritional Medicine in COLUMBUS, MS. Dr. Thaler has received an education on and advises people on matters of food and nutrition, considering how they both impact health. Nutritionists? help patients choose the right things to eat, help them plan menus, and advise them on the health effects of certain foods. Nutritionists assess a patients current dietary habits and needs, educate them on healthy eating habits, follow up to ensure the menus are working, and write reports that document a patients progress.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Species composition and seasonal occurrence of Phyllophaga (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) infesting intensely managed Bermudagrass in Oklahoma.
- Molecular systematics of the cotton root rot pathogen, Phymatotrichopsis omnivora.
- Development of a rapid, sensitive, and field-deployable razor ex BioDetection system and quantitative PCR assay for detection of Phymatotrichopsis omnivora using multiple gene targets.
- ParasiticMeloidogyne and mutualisticAcremonium increase chitinase in tall fescue.
- Infection and Colonization of Several Bermudagrasses by Ophiosphaerella korrae.
- Silver stain detection of chitinolytic enzymes after polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
Savannah Thaler RDN, LDN's Practice location
COLUMBUS, MS 39705Get Direction
- Best and Worst Substitutes for Heavy Cream
Heavy creamOne of the staple ingredients in a kitchen should be heavy cream. Many people do not keep heavy cream in their fridge and often use substitutes instead. You can make your own heavy cream substitutes. In many recipes, this is used in sour cream, soups, homemade butter, ice cream and...
- Vegetables with Protein
IntroductionIncluding healthy sources of protein in your daily diet is very important. Protein helps keep the body healthy by building and repairing body tissues, coordinating with bodily functions, and allowing metabolic functions to take place. A diet that is high in plant protein is also linked...
- All About Vitamin B5 and Why We Need It
What is vitamin B5?Vitamin B5 is also known as pantothenic acid. This B vitamin was initially discovered by chemist Roger J. Williams in the year 1931. Pantothenic acid was basically discovered in combination with other compounds, and around 1938, it was successfully isolated on its own.In 1933,...
- How Does the Body Turn Carbohydrates into Glucose?
What are Carbohydrates?The body converts the food we eat into energy. Even though we obtain calories and energy from different food sources, such as carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, our main source of energy is still from carbohydrates. The body converts these carbs into glucose, which is the main...
- What is Enteral Feeding?
Enteral feedingEveryone needs food for survival, but sometimes due to illness a person is unable to eat normally. This can be due to difficulty swallowing, reduced appetite or due to surgery that interferes with the eating process. Enteral tube feeding should be used in such cases. For this...
- Heavy Cream Substitutes
Heavy cream, also called heavy whipping cream, is a staple ingredient cooks and bakers use. It is often used in many different recipes, such as sauces and soups, including ice cream, sour cream, and homemade butter.Heavy cream comes from the high-fat part of fresh milk, and when milk is left to...