Dr. George Atkinson is a pathologist practicing in ROSWELL, NM. Dr. Atkinson is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Atkinson can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Atkinson may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
University of New Mexico School of Medicine 1991
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- University Tex Sw Med Center Parkland Meml Hospital
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
Dr. George Atkinson MD's Practice location
ROSWELL, NM 88201Get Direction
Dr. George Atkinson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. Xiaolong Sean Liu MD600 N Richardson Ave Roswell NM 88201
- Dr. Zachary Michael Sussman M.D.600 N Richardson Ave Roswell NM 88201
- Dr. Sanjay Lahiri M.D.600 N RICHARDSON AVE ROSWELL NM 88201
- Dr. Valsala Koshy MD600 N RICHARDSON AVE ROSWELL NM 88201
- Dr. Mujun Yu M.D., PHD600 N Richardson Ave Roswell NM 88201