Dr. Shaina Rankin is a speech language pathologist practicing in ROCKINGHAM, VA. Dr. Rankin specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Rankin evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Rankin helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Shaina Rankin's Practice location
ROCKINGHAM, VA 22801Get Direction
Shaina Rankin's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- D V Stutzman SLP815 STUART ST HARRISONBURG VA 22802
- Anagha Patade2101 DEYERLE AVE HARRISONBURG VA 22801
- Mrs. Elisabeth Martin Lawson M.ED. CCC/SLP328 NEFF AVE. HARRISONBURG VA 22801
- Mrs. Teresa C. Drulia M.S. CCC-SLP2010 HEALTH CAMPUS DR HARRISONBURG VA 22801
- Nicholas A Barone MS, CF-SLP861 MERLINS WAY HARRISONBURG VA 22801
- Mrs. Miriam Gates Kerr MAT CCC SCP1241 N MAIN ST HARRISONBURG VA 22802