John Kyle Mccool M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology1988 S 16TH ST WILMINGTON NC, 28401
Dr. John Mccool practices Radiation Oncology in WILMINGTON, NC. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Mccool specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
John Kyle Mccool M.D.'s Practice location
WILMINGTON, NC 28401Get Direction
John Kyle Mccool M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mccool
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- How Is Bladder Cancer Diagnosed?
In case you have symptoms of bladder cancer such as the presence of blood in the urine, you should see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will use many tests to possibly diagnose a bladder cancer and will also find out how far it has spread. Sometimes, bladder cancer may have spread to other parts...
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the major treatments for any type of cancer. It is a procedure that uses high energy particles such as gamma rays, protons, electrons, x-rays, and electron beams to destroy cancer cells. Other names for radiation therapy include x-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Dr. Martin Benjamin Meyerson M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Charles Rogers Neal M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Michael Allison Nichols M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Michael Alex Papagikos M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Samuel Martin Kneece M.D.3307 Pinnacle Pl Wilmington NC 28411
- Dr. Patrick David Maguire M.D.1988 S 16th St Wilmington NC 28401