Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology8081 INNOVATION PARK DR FAIRFAX VA, 22031
Dr. Michael Maitland is an oncologist practicing in FAIRFAX, VA. Dr. Maitland specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Maitland manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Lung Cancer, Human Genetics, Cancer And More
- Lung Cancer
- Member American Association for Cancer Research
- Member American Heart Association
- Member American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member American Society of Human Genetics
- Member Cancer and Leukemia Group B
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York The University of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
FAIRFAX, VA 22031Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maitland
- Why Clinical Trials Are Essential for Advancement in Ovarian Cancer Treatment
Women who have ovarian cancer need to understand that the best hope for improved screening methods and more effective treatments lies within their participation in clinical trials. Research is the cornerstone of improved medical advances, but work needs to be done at every level and for every stage...
- What is Leukemia: Get the Facts
Sometimes, we hear of certain diseases or health conditions frequently but are never aware of their background; like it is common to find people who do not know much about Leukemia. But I don’t want to underrate you. How much do you know about Leukemia? Did you know that it is a type of cancer?...
- Creating a ‘Sparkle of Hope’ for Women Suffering from Ovarian Cancer
Hortense Momou is a woman like no other. It is in 1995 that her inspiring story began when she and her husband left West Africa and moved to the United States. After living in New York City for a little while and then moving to Fargo, North Dakota, where they lived for 10 years, Hortense and her...
- Can Pap Smears Help to Detect Cervical Cancer?
A study has confirmed that regular Pap tests can help to save a woman's life because it is able to detect cervical. Cancer diagnosed by Pap smeears were 92% curable, while those diagnosed by the symptoms alone were only 66% curable. Even women who had symptoms when they went for the regular...
- Fetal Exposure to Chemotherapy May Not Affect the Development of the Child
A new study has given reassuring results for mothers who are under chemotherapy treatment for cancer. The study results show that fetal exposure to chemotherapy after the first trimester may not cause health problems or developmental delays in the child. In this study published in the journal...
- New Treatment for Difficult To Treat Type of Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian clear cell carcinoma is one of the most difficult forms of ovarian cancers to treat, but there may be a new approach for therapy. The potential new form of therapy was discovered by Wistar scientists and discussed in detail in the online medical journal, Nature Cell Biology.Between 5 and 10...
- Dr. Virginia Chiantella MD FACS1860 Town Center Drive Reston Virginia 20190
- Martin M. Malawer7830 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814
- Dr. Faysal Haroun M.D.2150 Pennsylvania Ave Nw Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Roy A Beveridge M.D.8503 Arlington Blvd Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Vera Malkovska MD110 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Nilofer Saba Azad MD5255 LOUGHBORO RD NW WASHINGTON DC 20016