Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology5841 S Maryland Ave Mc 2115 Dept Med. /sect. Hem/Onc Chicago IL, 60637
Dr. Michael Maitland is an oncologist practicing in FAIRFAX, VA. Dr. Maitland specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Maitland manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Lung Cancer, Human Genetics, Cancer And More
- Lung Cancer
- Member American Association for Cancer Research
- Member American Heart Association
- Member American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member American Society of Human Genetics
- Member Cancer and Leukemia Group B
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Weill Cornell Medical College Affiliated Hospitals
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York The University of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
FAIRFAX, VA 22031Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maitland
- Melanoma: Get the Facts
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that develops in the melanocytes, which are the cells that determine your skin color because of the melanin pigment. Melanoma has the ability to develop in various parts of the body including the eyes, nails, mouth, as well as some internal organs such as the...
- Actress Mindy Cohn Reveals 5-Year Fight Against Breast Cancer
Many may remember her as the dark-haired girl in the popular 80s sitcom, The Facts of Life. On screen, she can be seen portraying the woe and trials of being a teenager.More than 30 years later, she shares with the public that she's been enduring a much harder battle in her life. In 2012, Mindy was...
- Estrogen Modulator for Breast Cancer
Hormone Receptor Breast CancerThere are certain types of breast cancer that are mostly affected by the hormones that are produced by the body. They are known as ER positive and PR positive breast cancer cells. These cells have receptors that are attached to the estrogen in the body. This estrogen...
- What Are Night Sweats: Get the Facts
What are night sweats?Night sweats are also called as nocturnal hyperhidrosis, which means excessive sweating during the night. Night sweats are episodes of continuous sweating at night even when the environmental temperature is very cold. Some people may sweat so extensively that they might find...
- What Is the Life Expectancy for Bladder Cancer?
What is a bladder?The bladder can be described as a hollow organ, which is located next to the kidneys. The bladder functions by collecting all the urine coming from the kidneys through the ureter. It then stores the urine until it is removed from the body.Having a bladder cancer causes an...
- Breastfeeding Can Lower the Risk of Ovarian Cancer
If you are pregnant and at risk for ovarian cancer, consider breastfeeding your baby to greatly reduce your risk. The idea that breastfeeding reduces a woman’s risk for disease is not new. However, it is still widely unadvertised, so many women are still unaware of the other benefits of...
- Mr. Jason Long M.D.5841 S. Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Erika E. Ramsdale M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Elias I Obeid M.D., MPH5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Uchenna Okagbue Njiaju M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Neil Mukund Iyengar M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Loren K. Mell M.D.5758 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637