Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology5841 S Maryland Ave Mc 2115 Dept Med. /sect. Hem/Onc Chicago IL, 60637
Dr. Michael Maitland is an oncologist practicing in FAIRFAX, VA. Dr. Maitland specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Maitland manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Lung Cancer, Human Genetics, Cancer And More
- Lung Cancer
- Member American Association for Cancer Research
- Member American Heart Association
- Member American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member American Society of Human Genetics
- Member Cancer and Leukemia Group B
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Weill Cornell Medical College Affiliated Hospitals
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York The University of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
FAIRFAX, VA 22031Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
Dr. Michael Maitland M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maitland
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- The Unspoken Hardships of Breast Cancer and How to Overcome Them
Receiving a cancer diagnosis can be hard enough, let alone having to deal with the financial burden of treatment. In 2010 in the United States, the cost of treating breast cancer was over $16 billion dollars. By 2020, this number is expected to reach up to $20.5 billion.According to the NCI, the...
- Is a Mastectomy an Efficient Option to Treat Breast Cancer?
A mastectomy refers to the surgery performed to remove the breasts, either completely or partially. This was one of the traditional methods in the treatment of breast cancer for a long time. It is also used as a method to reduce the chances of developing breast cancer for women who have a high risk...
- Teen Battling Lymphoma Uses Her Make-a-Wish to do the Kindest Gesture Ever!
In November of 2017, 13-year-old Brooklyn Gallagher began experiencing what appeared to be symptoms of an upper respiratory infection. Initially, her mother, Tiffany Divicenzo, thought that it was merely a common cold. However, as Brooklyn’s symptoms began to worsen, her lymph nodes began to swell...
- Is Testicular Cancer Hereditary?
In testicular cancer, germ cells that populate the seminiferous tubules of the testes, and which are responsible for growing into matured sperm, seem to lose control and multiply without pause, creating a larger mass of tumorous tissue. Besides pain, swelling and fluid accumulation, testicular...
- Risk-Reduction Mastectomy for those with Ovarian Cancer
A risk-reducing mastectomy is a type of surgical procedure that involves the removal of a woman’s breasts when there is an increased risk of developing breast cancer, yet there is no sign of breast cancer. Any woman who has had breast cancer is considered at high-risk of developing breast cancer...
- Dr. Erika E. Ramsdale M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Mr. Jason Long M.D.5841 S. Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Elias I Obeid M.D., MPH5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Uchenna Okagbue Njiaju M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Neil Mukund Iyengar M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Raajit Rampal MD5841 South Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637