Dr. Joanna Vannoy is a pathologist practicing in HICKORY, NC. Dr. Vannoy is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Vannoy can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Vannoy may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med 1991
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- 1996
- Member American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- Member College of American Pathologists
- Member North Carolina Society of Pathologists
- U Ark Med Scis
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Affiliated Hospitals 1996
- University of Mississippi Medical Center 1994
Dr. Joanna W Vannoy M.D.'s Practice location
HICKORY, NC 28602Get Direction
Dr. Joanna W Vannoy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Dr. George L. Nichols MD321 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir NC 28645
- Dr. Kerry Daniel Payne M.D.1899 TATE BLVD SE HICKORY NC 28602
- Dr. Donald Drake Mcneill M.D.321 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir NC 28645
- Dr. Robert C. Buresh D.O.321 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir NC 28645
- Dr. Toby Eugene Foster M.D.1899 TATE BLVD SE STE 105 HICKORY NC 28602
- Dr. Eric Williams Pittman MD1899 Tate Blvd Se Hickory NC 28602