Dr. Joyce Marie Johnson D.O.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry5518 WESTERN AVE CHEVY CHASE MD, 20815
Dr. Joyce Johnson is a psychiatrist practicing in CHEVY CHASE, MD. Dr. Johnson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Johnson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Johnson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Johnson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Mi State Univ, Coll of Osteo Med, East Lansing Mi 1980
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine 1980
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- St Elizabeth'S Hosp, Psychiatry; Ctr For Dis Control & Prev, General Preventive Medicine; Homewood Hosp Ctr-N Campus, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Ctrs Disease Control
- NEOMEN/St Elizabeth's Hospital Program
Dr. Joyce Marie Johnson D.O.'s Practice location
CHEVY CHASE, MD 20815Get Direction
Dr. Joyce Marie Johnson D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Johnson
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Dr. Richard Greenberg MD2112 F Street Washington District of Columbia 20037
- Asad Masri M.D.713 FORDS LANDING WAY ALEXANDRIA VA 22314
- Henry Claude Barbot720 North Saint Asaph Street Alexandria Virginia 22314-1960
- Dr. Beverly A. Reader M.D.2041 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR AVE SE WASHINGTON DC 20020
- Dr. Niku Singh MD3300 GALLOWS RD FALLS CHURCH VA 22042
- Dr. Betsy Jane Cooper M.D.927 South Walter Reed Drive Arlington Virginia 22204