Dr. Meagan M. McCarthy is an Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Surgeon in Reno, NV. As a sports medicine surgeon, Dr. McCarthy specializes in treating knee and shoulder injuries/disorders as well as cartilage preservation procedures. She has completed her orthopaedic surgery residency as well as an advanced fellowship in orthopaedic sports medicine.
Education and Training
Creighton School of Medicine MD 2011
Santa Clara University BS 2007
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor University of Nevada School of Medicine 2019 - Present
- Adjunct Faculty Lake Tahoe Sports Medicine Fellowship - Barton Health 2019 - Present
- AOA 11 Creigton University
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- University of California,San Diego,2017
- University of Colorado,Sports Medicine, 2018
Professional Society Memberships
- AOA, AAOS, AOSSM, Nevada Orthopedic Society
Articles and Publications
- Assistant Professor, University of Nevadapublished work-on cv
What do you attribute your success to?
- love of the medical field, helping my patients get better, making a difference, teaching otherswebsite is renoortho.com
Meagan M. McCarthy's Practice location
Reno, NV 89503Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Meagan M. McCarthy | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Meagan M. McCarthy's reviewsWrite Review
- Recovery from Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually done to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This ligament is one of the most important parts of the hand. It holds the bones and muscles of your hand together, which means that once it is severed, then your hand loses a very important part, and regaining its previous...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Correcting Foot Deformities with Surgery
Research and Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder OutlookHow Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder Could Affect Some IndividualsAffecting those mostly between the ages of 18 to 60 according to The Mayo Clinic, this hereditary group of disorders can affect numerous stages of life. Although some therapies could be of...
- Dr. Brett G. Menmuir M.D.555 N Arlington Ave Reno NV 89503
- Dr. Travis D Kieckbusch MD9480 DOUBLE DIAMOND PKWY RENO NV 89521
- Dr. James Nicholas Pappas M.D.5255 Longley Lane Reno NV 89511
- Dr. Norman Bruce Young MD645 N Arlington Ave Reno NV 89503
- Dr. Richard C Mullins MD9480 DOUBLE DIAMOND PKWY RENO NV 89521
- Dr. Christopher Michael Dolan MD9480 DOUBLE DIAMOND PKWY RENO NV 89521