Dr. Dustin C. Derrick, M.D.
Plastic Surgeon912 Foster Ln. Suite #300 Weatherford Texas, 76086
Dustin C. Derrick, M.D. is a Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon practicing in Fort Worth, TX and he has a second office in Weatherford, TX. Dr. Derrick specializes in the the full breadth of plastic surgery. Improving aesthetics, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. He performs cosmetic surgery with the goal of obtaining safe, natural appearing results day in and day out. He has become one of the sought after plastic surgeons in the DFW metroplex as a result of his bedside manner, hard work ethic, and referrals from happy current/past patients. This is exemplified by the fact that he has been chosen by his peers as a Top Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon for 2021 by Fort Worth Magazine as well as 360 West Magazine.
Education and Training
UT San Antonio Med School MD 2010
University of Texas at Austin BA Biology; BS Kinesiology 2006
UT Southwestern/Parkland General Surgery Residency 2015
Summa Health System Plastic Surgery Fellowship 2018
American Board of Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Preceptor University of North Texas HSC PA Program 2018 - Present
- 2021 Top Doctors (Plastic Surgeons) 2021 360 West Magazine
- Top Doctor in the Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery specialty for 2021 2021 Fort Worth Magazine
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery (Categorical Resident)- University of Texas Southwestern/Parkland Memorial Hospital (2010-2015)
- General Surgery (Categorical Resident)- University of Texas Southwestern/Parkland Memorial Hospital (2010-2011)
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery- Summa Health System (2015-2018)
Professional Society Memberships
- ASPS, ASAPS, ASMS
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work ethic instilled into me over the years by my father who is still a practicing general surgeon in Dallas, as well as the passion and drive my mother has enforced (She is an Ex-Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader)
- 2021 Top Doctors (Plastic Surgeons) | 360 West Magazine | 2021Top Doctor in the Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery specialty for 2021 | Fort Worth Magazine | 2021
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Destin, FloridaSt. Barth
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Golf, Hunting/Fishing, Snowboarding, Scuba diving, Kite Boarding
Favorite professional publications
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery JournalAesthetic Surgery Journal
Dr. Dustin C. Derrick, M.D.'s Practice location
Weatherford, Texas 76086Get Direction
Fort Worth, TX 76104Get Direction
Dr. Dustin C. Derrick, M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Are There Risks to Plastic Surgery?
Few things in the medical procedures world are risk free. If you factor in human error, bad judgment on the side of the patient and the surgeon, you get potentially bad results that could result in someone regretting the decisions made.Plastic surgery is not risk free. It carries its own risks and...
- Reasons for Undergoing a Breast Augmentation
One of the leading cosmetic surgery procedures performed in the US is breast augmentation. According to research, approximately 307,000 women received breast implants in 2011. Many of the surgeries were different, and the reasons for the surgeries also varied. The majority of women who decide to...
- Is a Tummy Tuck a Good Idea?
Tummy tucks, or abdominoplasty, are a very popular option for many who have tried to drop those sagging excess skin on the abdomen. For some, the fat deposits on the skin is an inherited condition. For some others the skin become flaccid with a sudden weight loss leading to odd looks. Abdominoplasty...
- What Is Laser Blepharoplasty?
Some people refer to it as the eye lid lift. Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery involving the removal or spreading of muscles, skin, or fats of creepy, drooling, or dark eyelids. In case both eyelids are affected, the procedures of the upper eyelid and the lower eyelid are separately undertaken....
- Thinking About Getting a Nose Job? Here is What You Need to Know
What is it? Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure done to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. This is a cosmetic surgery done for people who are unhappy with the way their nose looks, or to correct certain deformities which resulted from injuries to their nose...