Dr. Pejman Radkani is a transplant and hepatopancreatobiliary surgeon practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Radkani specializes in organ transplants and minimally invasive hepatopancreatobiliary surgery, and may perform surgeries involved with the transplant of organs such as the liver and intestines. As a transplant surgeon, Dr. Radkani performs long, complex surgeries that might take many hours to complete. Transplant surgeons remove the organ from the donor as well as transplant the organ in the recipient. Dr. Radkani works with transplant physicians, nurses and surgical residents, and is responsible for and complications which may arise during or after surgery.
He also provides surgeries on liver, pancreas, and bile duct for benign and malignant lesions. He is highly specialized in minimally invasive approach for these procedures.
Education and Training
Tabriz School of Medicine MD 2001
University of Miami Miller MsPH 2015
American Board of Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery Georgetown University School of Medicine 2018 - 2018
- Assistant Professor of Surgery Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine 2017 - 2018
- America's HepatopancreatoBiliary Surgery Association (AHPBA)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital ( Washington, DC )
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center ( Washington, DC )
Pejman Radkani's Practice location
Washington, DC 20007Get Direction
Washington, DC 20010Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Pejman Radkani | Transplant Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Pejman Radkani's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About an Appendectomy
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the complete removal of the appendix. It is a common procedure that is performed to correct or treat appendicitis, which is a condition that is characterized by appendix inflammation. To understand what an appendectomy is, we will first briefly...
- What Are the Symptoms of Diarrhea?
Frequent bowel movement characterized by loose and watery stools is referred to as diarrhea. In simple terms, it is exactly opposite to constipation and this condition is very common. It is not very serious and can be treated by simple home remedies and over-the-counter medications. Diarrhea may be...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Myths About Meningitis
You've probably heard stories of people who have died of meningitis, or you've heard that contracting it is as simple as kissing someone with the infection. However, being aware of what is fact and what is fiction is important. Below are some of the myths about meningitis and their truths. ...
- Understanding Social Communication Disorder Could Benefit Autism Diagnosis
The definition of autism is ever redefined. As doctors, researchers, and parents learn more and more about this neurodevelopmental disorder, it’s essential to reevaluate past knowledge and ideas. This is especially important with autism as it is not a simple on-off disease, but rather, encompasses...
- The Types of Procrastinators – Which Type Are You?
Are you the rare one? The one who does not put things off to the last minute? The one who does not procrastinate? I guess not! You would not be reading this if you are that rare person. It is very likely that you procrastinate just like me. Don’t we all do it?...
- Dr. Richard Paul Giannotto MD8201 Greensboro Drive Mc Lean VA 22102
- Dr. Lynt Johnson MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Cal Matsumoto MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Chirag Sureshchandra Desai MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Thomas Fishbein MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Jennifer E Verbesey M.D.41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805