Transplant Surgeon3800 Reservoir Rd, 2PHC St 402 Washington DC, 20007
Dr. Pejman Radkani is a transplant and hepatopancreatobiliary surgeon practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Radkani specializes in organ transplants and minimally invasive hepatopancreatobiliary surgery, and may perform surgeries involved with the transplant of organs such as the liver and intestines. As a transplant surgeon, Dr. Radkani performs long, complex surgeries that might take many hours to complete. Transplant surgeons remove the organ from the donor as well as transplant the organ in the recipient. Dr. Radkani works with transplant physicians, nurses and surgical residents, and is responsible for and complications which may arise during or after surgery.
He also provides surgeries on liver, pancreas, and bile duct for benign and malignant lesions. He is highly specialized in minimally invasive approach for these procedures.
Education and Training
Tabriz School of Medicine MD 2001
University of Miami Miller MsPH 2015
American Board of Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery Georgetown University School of Medicine 2018 - 2018
- Assistant Professor of Surgery Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine 2017 - 2018
- America's HepatopancreatoBiliary Surgery Association (AHPBA)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
Areas of research
Liver Cancers including Cholangiocarcinomas
Pancreas Tumors ( Adenocarcinoma, Neuroendocrine Tumors)
Bile Duct lesions
Pejman Radkani's Practice location
Washington, DC 20007Get Direction
Washington, DC 20010Get Direction
- Letting Go: How to Live with Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a great example of a condition that can seriously impact the way all activities are carried out on a daily basis. However, with the correct mindset, people can easily overcome a situation, no matter how difficult may seem.In many cases, people do not have a positive attitude with...
- Pain that Requires Prompt Medical Attention
The following are a list of different painful experiences that one must seek medical attention for:Severe headache“If headache is accompanied by a cold, it could be sinus headache”, says Sandra Fryhofer, MD, MACP, spokeswoman for the American College of Physicians. If the headache is severe and...
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- What are the Symptoms of Allergies?
The term allergy refers to the exaggerated immune response to certain foreign substances that normally may be harmless. These substances, which trigger an allergic response, are called allergens. The allergens may not trigger a similar response in everybody, and may remain harmless for others. Some...
- Swollen Ankles, Feet, and Legs: Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Risks, and Treatment
The swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles is also known as peripheral edema. This refers to a condition where there is an excessive accumulation of fluid in these parts of the body. It is not a painful condition unless the underlying cause for it is an injury to that area. However, it is a very...
- Do I Have Eczema or Psoriasis?
Eczema and psoriasis are both skin diseases, and quite similar in their symptoms. Both conditions result in the formation of red patches or scales on the skin. To figure out whether you have eczema or psoriasis, you will need to examine the differences between the two.EczemaEczema is normally...
- Dr. Richard Paul Giannotto MD8201 Greensboro Drive Mc Lean VA 22102
- Dr. Cal Matsumoto MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Lynt Johnson MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Chirag Sureshchandra Desai MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Jennifer E Verbesey M.D.3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Alejandro Aquino MD110 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010