I help individual with hearts that are broken recover from significant emotional loss, and couples who long to restore their intimate bond with one another. People who have been told “No one gets over...” find hope and happiness again, and couples are again able to communicate effectively and feel connected. Clients often achieve these results faster than with other forms of therapy. Call me today to arrange a first appointment.
Education and Training
Northern Illinois University M.S. 2012
Areas of expertise and specialization
- AAMFT (American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy)
- Illinois Affiliation of Marriage & Family Therapists
- Christian Counseling Professionals of Chicago
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Christian Counseling Professionals of Chicago
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Joseph\'s life experience and his empathy with people is what has inspired him and led to his success as a counselor.Joseph\'s daughter Gayle Dubrowski was killed in a school shooting on her college campus in 2008. His grief over this tragedy and his desire to help others deal with death and loss led him to pursue his Masters degree, to write a book about his own personal experience with grief, and to start his own counseling practice.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Hiking,Going for drives, Traveling, Watching Movies, Photography
Joseph B. Dubowski, M.S., LMFT's Practice location
WHEATON, IL 60187Get Direction
Carol Stream, IL 60188Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Joseph B. Dubowski, M.S., LMFT | Counseling | Professional
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Joseph B. Dubowski, M.S., LMFT's reviewsWrite Review
- Nodular Melanoma Symptoms
What is nodular melanoma?Nodular melanoma is one of the five subgroups of melanoma. It usually develops in the cells of the skin that produce the pigment called melanin, which gives the skin its color. Approximately 15 percent of melanoma cases are nodular melanoma and is the most aggressive...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- New Ovarian Cancer Screening Method Could Detect Tumors Earlier
When discovered during its early stages, ovarian cancer can be treated. Unfortunately, it is usually found only after it has progressed to more advanced stages. Improved screening techniques are the key to increasing the survival rates of ovarian cancer patients.Engineers at MIT have finally...
- Diagnosing Colon Cancer
Signs and symptoms of colon cancer are not specific, which makes it difficult to diagnose. Therefore, investigations are crucial to make a diagnosis of colon cancer.The first time you visit your doctor, he or she will record a complete medical history, including a detailed family history to check if...
- If Men Drink Carbonated Drinks Regularly, Can it Lead to Other Health Complications?
It goes without saying that sugar content in carbonated beverages is the major culprit for being overweight. In addition to this fact, sugary soda is also known to worsen certain conditions, like osteoarthritis, particularly in men. These soft drinks are found to be associated with disease...
- Touchdown For Lymphoma: Two Teams Put Rivalry Aside For a Cause
Everyone knows that some rivalries can get pretty heated - especially when sports are involved. However, two football teams recognize that there is something more important - supporting a girl with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Although she was a cheerleader for the football team, they are now turning the...