Dr. Mirabelle Adamu, PharmD, MPH
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)HWY 18 Pine Ridge SD, 57770
Dr. Mirabelle Adamu is a clinical pharmacist practicing at Pine Ridge Indian Hospital, SD.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Pharmacists Association, Lambda Kappa Sigma, United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
Articles and Publications
- She had a paper that she wrote published while she was in Kenya. She has also done preceptorship for 6th year pharmacy students
What do you attribute your success to?
- Mirabelle was good in the sciences and had an early interest in biology and how food and drugs effect the body. She wanted to learn more about what happens to the body when we add food and drugs to it. She is passionate about quality health standards and accessibility of quality drugs and other medical items for the most vulnerable populations, regardless of where they are located. She credits her success with her desire to continually learn and to service the community. She wants to make a difference in people\'s lives.
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking, being in nature, swimming, playing tennis and cooking.
Dr. Mirabelle Adamu, PharmD, MPH's Practice location
Pine Ridge, SD 57770Get Direction
- Headache in the Back of the Head
A headache experienced in the back of the head can have many different causes. Most of these causes can be identified by specific symptoms, such as the exact location of pain and the type or severity of pain experienced. In some cases, certain events can trigger these headaches. CausesDoctors can...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Pain Between the Shoulder Blades
IntroductionPain between the shoulder blades is also known as interscapular pain. It is a symptom that is often caused by minor issues, such as a muscle strain. However, being aware of such symptom is also very important since it may also be a sign of more serious conditions, such as lung cancer...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- Osteoporosis: Know the Causes
Osteoporosis is a condition that results in reduced bone density and enhanced vulnerability of the bones. The detrimental thinning of the patient’s bones combined with the development of weaker bone crystals makes them highly susceptible to fractures.Although osteoporosis itself doesn’t directly...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...