Dr. Mirabelle Adamu, PharmD, MPH
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)HWY 18 Pine Ridge SD, 57770
Dr. Mirabelle Adamu is a clinical pharmacist practicing at Pine Ridge Indian Hospital, SD.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Pharmacists Association, Lambda Kappa Sigma, United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
Articles and Publications
- She had a paper that she wrote published while she was in Kenya. She has also done preceptorship for 6th year pharmacy students
What do you attribute your success to?
- Mirabelle was good in the sciences and had an early interest in biology and how food and drugs effect the body. She wanted to learn more about what happens to the body when we add food and drugs to it. She is passionate about quality health standards and accessibility of quality drugs and other medical items for the most vulnerable populations, regardless of where they are located. She credits her success with her desire to continually learn and to service the community. She wants to make a difference in people\'s lives.
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking, being in nature, swimming, playing tennis and cooking.
Dr. Mirabelle Adamu, PharmD, MPH's Practice location
Pine Ridge, SD 57770Get Direction
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- The Best Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Positive lifestyle changes can do wonders for rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and the condition's overall outcome. There is significant evidence that lifestyle intervention promotes better prognosis and prolongs the life of patients with the condition. In other words, good lifestyle choices make life...
- Risk Factors for Osteoporosis
Risk Factors for OsteoporosisFixed risk factors are responsible for an individual’s vulnerability to osteoporosis. Unlike adaptable risks, they are factors that aren’t adjustable, including family history, age, and gender. People might also experience secondary factors that increase their...
- What Is Sciatica?
What is sciatica?Lower back pain is a very common condition that is often incorrectly managed. Back pain is a challenge in itself since it demands medical support and is a leading source of social, psychological, and physical disabilities. The majority of back pains are self-limiting and simple,...
- What Is a Physiatrist?
What is a physiatrist?A physiatrist is a medical doctor or a doctor of osteopathic medicine who practices physiatry or physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physiatry is a branch of medicine that specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, as well as rehabilitation of disorders, which...