Dr. Sandy Dela is a clinical pharmacist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Dela specializes in individual and community education with specific focus on the correlation between drugs and diseases. Clinical pharmacists optimize drug prescribing and prevent medication errors as well as contribute to new drug applications delivered to the FDA.
Education and Training
California Northstate Uni Doctor of Pharmacy Candidate 2018
California State University Bachelors Degree in Biological Science 2014
- American Pharmacists Association
- California Northstate University Cancer Awareness, Research and Education Society
- California Pharmacists Association
- Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International
- Industry Pharmacist Organization
- Rho Pi Phi International Pharmaceutical Fraternity
- Student College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Student National Pharmaceutical Association
- Student Societies of Health-System Pharmacy
Professional Society Memberships
- California Pharmacists Association, Christian Pharmacy Fellowship Internation Association, Rho Pi Phi International Fraternity
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, commitment, perseverance and hard work. Her desire is to help and educate patients to improve their own health.
Dr. Sandy Ruth Alvarez Dela, PharmD's Practice location
Whittier, CA 90603Get Direction
Norwalk, CA 90650Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sandy Ruth Alvarez Dela, PharmD | Pharmaceutical Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sandy Ruth Alvarez Dela, PharmD's reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatments for Bladder Cancer
Bladder cancer happens when there is a tumor that grows within the bladder. Cancer can result from the active division of cells that multiply abnormally and quickly. Bladder cancer begins by affecting a part of the bladder. With time, it can spread and extensively affect the walls of the bladder and...
- Self Tanner Use Might Deprive You of Vitamin D
Sunless tanners, or self tanners, that provide a fake tan reduces the exposure to UV radiations considerably, according to a new study published in the journal, Archives of Dermatology. Using creams and sprays that provide the fake tan cuts down the sunbathing and tanning bed use. According to...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- Aleve vs. Ibuprofen
OverviewAleve and ibuprofen are both nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that have similar effects, but with important differences as well. Ibuprofen is an NSAID that is available under many brand names. The most common brands of ibuprofen are Advil and Motrin. Aleve, on the other hand,...
- Penicillin and Other Drugs in the Same Class
About PenicillinPenicillin is an antibiotic derived from the Penicillium notatum mold. In 1928, a Scottish bacteriologist named Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. Since Fleming's discovery, several penicillins have been derived through modifying the mold's original structure to produce...
- What Is a Drug Interaction?
IntroductionAccording to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 20,000 deaths annually happen due to unintentional drug poisoning. Moreover, the US Food and Drug Administration stated that four or more prescribed medications are concurrently taken by 40 percent of Americans,...