Dr. Joseph Felo is a Forensic Pathologist practicing in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Felo is a doctor who reviews medical records, police reports, and performs autopsies in order to determine a patient's cause and manner of death. As a Forensic Pathologist, Dr. Felo specializes in determining how and why a patient died either suddenly and unexpectedly or by violent means. He can review medical records and autopsy reports and offer expert opinions about the mechanisms of death, including how the patient died, and he can comment about any pain and suffering the patient experienced leading up to death. Dr. Felo is often retained as an expert witness by attorneys to review medical records and police reports and to write medical reports used for the plaintiff and defense in criminal and civil litigation. Although Dr. Felo is qualified to review and testify in all types of medical-legal deaths, he has special interests in pediatric deaths, motor vehicle injuries and deaths, drug and toxicology deaths, and natural deaths.
Education and Training
University of Health Sciences D.O. 1992
American Board of Pathology
Forensic Pathology (Pathology)
Anatomic Pathology (Pathology)
Clinical Pathology (Pathology)
Joseph A. Felo, DO's Expert Contributions
It depends on the case and circumstances when evidence is taken at crime scenes. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Cleveland Clinic
- Wilson Memorial Hospital
- Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner\'s Office
Professional Society Memberships
- National Association of Medical Examiners, American Academy of Forensic Sciences
Articles and Publications
- Dr. Felo lectures at the local teaching hospital and at Kent State University which is the local podiatry school. He coordinates continuing education lectures. He provides lectures to first responders.
What do you attribute your success to?
- Growing up, Dr. Felo knew he wanted to work in medicine. He enjoys solving puzzles and looking at the body as a whole which is why he chose forensic pathology.Dr. Felo attributes his success to his wife who appreciates what he does, his upbringing, and his supportive parents.
Joseph A. Felo, DO's Practice location
Cleveland, OH 44106Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Joseph A. Felo, DO | Pathologist | Forensic Pathology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Joseph A. Felo, DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Dr. Christina Maria Bagby D.O.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Erica L Steele-bomeisl D.O.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Asad Hayat Ahmad MD11100 EUCLID AVE CLEVELAND OH 44106
- Dr. David N Wald MD11100 EUCLID AVENUE CLEVELAND OH 44106
- Dr. Rosemary R Farag MD11100 EUCLID AVE CLEVELAND OH 44106
- Dr. Frank Piersoll Miller M.D.11001 Cedar Ave Cleveland OH 44106