Ophthalmologist15905 S Frederick St, Ste 105 Plainfield Illinois, 60586
Dr. Ankit Desai is an ophthalmologist practicing in Plainfield, Illinois. Dr. Desai specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Desai can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Desai can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
- University of Chicago (2011)
Ankit Desai's Practice location
Plainfield, Illinois 60586Get Direction
- Can I Have Cataract Surgery on Both Eyes at the Same Time?
When your doctor determines that both eyes have a cataract, the eye having a denser cataract will be operated on first. After a couple of days or weeks, the second eye can then be operated on.This approach gives the first eye time to recover and the vision to stabilize as you wait for another...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- Don’t Let Your Computer Strain Your Eyes
What is eyestrain?Eyestrain is a common medical condition characterized by an overuse of the eyes, like when driving a long distance, reading for a couple of hours, or using the computer. Staring at the computer screen for a long period of time will increase discomfort in your eyes.Eyestrain is not...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- What are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is an infection of the eyes. It is easily contracted, but if treated in the right way, could be cured easily. There are several types of conjunctivitis, and two of them are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis. These types of conjunctivitis are usually bacterial and may affect one...
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- Dr. Christopher David Pelzek M.D.15255 S 94th Ave Orland Park IL 60462
- Dr. Bruce Larson MD126 W First St Hinsdale IL 60521
- Dr. Charles Soonkyu Ahn MD1327 Butterfield Rd Downers Grove IL 60515
- Dr. Robert J Foody MD1300 Highland Ave Aurora IL 60506
- Dr. Majid Rassouli DO963 N 129th Infantry Dr Joliet IL 60435
- Dr. Scott H Stoller MD1327 Butterfield Rd Downers Grove IL 60515