Maria L. Gussak, ND
Family Practitioner5 S. Wenatchee Suite #301 Wenatchee WA, 98801
Dr. Maria Gussak is a family practitioner practicing in Downtown Wenatchee, WA. Dr. Gussak specializes in comprehensive, holisitic, and alternative health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventation. Dr. Gussak possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Rutgers Universty Bachelor of Arts 2011
Bastyr University Doctor Naturopathic Medicine 2020
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Apitherapy Society
- Wilderness Medicine Society
- Naturopathic Academy of Environmental Medicine
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Naturopathic Medicine Institute
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Professional Society Memberships
- Naturopathic Medicine Institute, American Academy of Environmental Medicine, National Association of Environmental Medicine, International Natural Hygiene Society, Naturopathic Academy of Primary Care Physicians, Naturopathic Medicine Student Association, Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Morristown Medical Center Bioethics Committe
Areas of research
Maria L. Gussak, ND's Practice location
Wenatchee, WA 98801Get Direction
- Recognizing Dehydration Symptoms
Dehydration happens when your body loses fluids more than the amount that you have taken in, especially water. You can develop dehydration by sweating a lot, by urinating too much, or it can also occur due to an inadequate absorption of water to your body due to certain illnesses. All of these...
- Yawning Scientific Facts: Why Do We Yawn and Is It Contagious?
What is yawning?Usually, yawning is associated with boredom, fatigue, and tiredness. Yawning is also very common in animals, such as dogs, monkeys, snakes, and carnivores. Yawning is also associated with numerous superstitious beliefs.In humans, yawning is considered as a purposeful non-verbal...
- Decoding Facts About the Strep Throat Infection
Is it a sore throat or a strep throat infection?Strep throat is a medical condition associated with bacteria that infect the throat and tonsils. The infection is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. This group of bacteria is usually spread through contact with droplets of an infected person....
- How Serious Is Bell's Palsy?
What is Bell’s Palsy?Bell’s palsy is a medical condition that causes temporary weakness or paralysis of the facial muscles. This medical condition is named after the Scottish anatomist named Charles Bell. He was the first one to describe the condition. Bell's palsy usually happens when the...
- Can You Get Mumps More than Once in Your Lifetime?
Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection that’s preventable by vaccination. The virus is usually spread by coming in contact with infected individuals. It’s common for newborns, children, as well as young adults. Symptoms associated with the condition include:...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Dr. Louise A Simons MD600 Orondo Ave Wenatchee WA 98801
- Dr. Corinne Bassett MD707 N Emerson Ave Wenatchee WA 98801
- Dr. Anna A. Zampona M.D.Central Washington Hospital Family Physicians Wenatchee WA 98801
- Dr. Shawn E Nixon MD100 Highline Dr East Wenatchee WA 98802
- Dr. Michael J Abbott MD100 Highline Dr East Wenatchee WA 98802
- Dr. Lisa Jo Petersen M.D.933 Red Apple Rd Wenatchee WA 98801