Dr. Derek Berberian is a psychiatrist practicing in Ramsey, NJ. Dr. Berberian is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Berberian diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Berberian may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Berberian treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Syracuse University Bachelor's of Science 2006
American Univ of Antigua, Coll Medical Doctor 2012
UMDNJ Residency - Psychiatry 2015
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief Executive Officer North Jersey Health & Wellness 2015 - Present
- Medical Director North Jersey Health & Wellness 2015 - Present
- Top Doctor 2021 Findatopdoc
- American Psychiatric Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- AFSP - New Jersey
- The Pit Crew
Derek Berberian's Practice location
Ramsey, NJ 07446Get Direction
Paramus, New Jersey 07652Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Derek Berberian | Psychiatrist | Obesity Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Derek Berberian's reviewsWrite Review
- Do I Need My Testicles Removed If I Have Testicular Cancer?
Testicular cancer, affecting the testosterone and sperm-producing sex glands, the testicles, distresses not more than 1 percent of all men who are diagnosed with different types of cancer. But cancer of the testes is increasingly common between the ages of 15 to 34, particularly in the white...
- Do I Need Alpha-Lipoic Acid Supplements?
Do I Need Alpha-Lipoic Acid Supplements?Alpha-lipoic acid or ALA is an antioxidant that is naturally produced in our body. This fatty acid is required for the production of energy in cells and it also plays a major role in reducing oxidative damage by free radicals. Supplements of this fatty acid...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Insomnia: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Insomnia, also known as sleeplesness, denotes a persistent problem in falling and staying asleep. It is usually followed by daytime sleepiness, irritability, low energy, and sometimes even depression. When insomnia is severe, it can result in increased risk of motor vehicle collisions, due to one...
- Evening Primrose Oil: Uses, Benefits, Dosage, and Side Effects
What is evening primrose oil?Evening primrose oil (EPO) is very useful since hundreds of years for helping women with fertility and menstrual problems. The oil is cold pressed from the Oenothera biennis plant seeds or evening primrose seeds. The oil is then encapsulated for use as dietary...
- Creating a ‘Sparkle of Hope’ for Women Suffering from Ovarian Cancer
Hortense Momou is a woman like no other. It is in 1995 that her inspiring story began when she and her husband left West Africa and moved to the United States. After living in New York City for a little while and then moving to Fargo, North Dakota, where they lived for 10 years, Hortense and her...
- Dr. Helena Jasna Kukla MD120 North Main Street New City New York 10956
- Maia Mamamtavrishvili15900 Riverside Drive West New York New York 10032
- Dr. Wei Wang M.D.163 ENGLE ST STE 4A ENGLEWOOD NJ 07631
- Dr. Wilfrid Raby PH.D., M.D.175 Cedar Ln Teaneck NJ 07666
- Dr. Galina Mindlin MD1090 AMSTERDAM AVE NEW YORK NY 10025
- Dr. Zana Dobroshi MD506 Malcolm X Blvd New York NY 10037