Dentist5310 Rapid Run Road, Cincinnati OH, 45238
Dr. Sara Zahoor is a Dentist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. zahoor specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
NYU Langone AEGD (AdvanceEducation in GP) 2020
de'MontMorencyCollegeDentistry BDS 2008
sara zahoor's Expert Contributions
Normal cleaning is every 6 months. This is must. If you have inflamed gums or you have some pocketing, it's good to have a cleaning every 3 months. Most insurances only pay 2 cleanings in one year, so you can check with the insurance what covers. It's okay to have 6-month cleanings even with implants provided you are good in brushing, flossing, and your gums are healthy. READ MORE
If tooth is aligned, not very brittle as root canal treated teeth are difficult sometimes, you have to section it. Nothing is difficult if teeth are angulated and impacted, YES, it would be surgical. If the tooth needs to be extracted, it needs to be extracted. Dentist would try to do a simple extraction or we do section the tooth and take the tooth out in 2 or 3 pieces. Simple or surgical extraction, it depends and varies from patient to patient. We will look clinically and radiographically and will see how it will go. Deciduous teeth are easy like baby teeth. And age matters in extraction, too. Shape of the roots and bone level. All factors count here, so no worries. If you need extraction, just go for it. No worries. We are here to help. Good luck. READ MORE
We have to take proper history regarding pain or swelling. Clinically and radiographically, a dentist can tell what is going on in the tooth. There are special diagnostic tests for pulp vitality. These are diagnostic tests which tell us about the tooth's life, meaning either if the tooth is already dead or dying. Proper diagnosis about RCT involves patient history, clinical exam and X-ray and diagnostic pulp vitality tools. You can see sometimes on the X-ray radiolucency/darkness at the apex/root of the tooth. Always discuss with your dentist about it. Don't you worry. It's a very simple procedure. If tooth needs RCT, don't hesitate. READ MORE
It all depends on the tooth decay extension, which means how much tooth decay you have. We have 3 protective layers, mainly enamel and dentine. If cavity is still outer third or half of the enamel, we can remineralize the tooth decay. YES, prescription FL mouth rinse and toothpastes can help with that. Mainly and mostly if we have root caries, we have to use SDF or some other fluoride techniques to remineralize the enamel. Otherwise, we can stop caries progression with some more methods including varnishes, rinses and pastes. If tooth decay is deep and into dentine and the patient has a sensitivity issue, better to get restoration. It all depends on the tooth condition and oral hygiene. Don't hesitate to visit the dentist. READ MORE
Yes, we can see tooth decay on the X-ray. Ideally, the dentist will have to see clinically and radiographically to make a proper diagnosis about tooth decay. Sometimes a patient has a cavity and it's not very prominent on the X-ray. It depends, and sometimes X-rays show us some decay in the tooth and clinically you even cannot say that it's a cavity. So, a dentist will have to check clinically and radiographically both ways to make a decision if it has a cavity or not. READ MORE
Yes. Ideally, we need an oral examination, clinical and radiographically. We take X-rays first. We need a detailed dental and oral examination before braces. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lead Dentist Cincy Smiles Foundation (Cincinnati, OH) 2020 - Present
- Dental resident (AEGD PGR) Center for Family Health, Jackson, MI 2018 - 2020
- General Dentist Dental Solutions 2014 - 2017
- General Dentist Dental Innovations 2015 - 2017
- General Dentist/ Lecturer/ Demonstrator FMH College of Dentistry 2010 - 2017
- General Dentist Iffat Anwar Medical Complex 2010 - 2011
- General Dentist Hajra Medical Complex 2009 - 2010
- "New Health Professionals Award" 2019 Center for Family Health, Jackson, Michigan (Jackson, MI/Community Award)
- Distinction Award in Oral Pathology UHS 2008 2008 UHS (university of Health Sciences)
- Distinction Award in Oral medicine UHS 2008 2008 UHS (university of Health Sciences)
- Vice President Award Sports And Cultural Committee Punjab Dental Hospital 2007 PDH de'MontMorency College of Dentistry
- Volunteer Service Appreciation Award AMWPA Arlington Texas, USA Oct 6th, 201 2013 AMWPA Texas, USA
- Volunteer Service Appreciation Award AMWPA Plano, Texas, USA Sep 7th 2013 AMWPA Texas, USA
- Volunteer Service Appreciation Award AMWPA Irving Texas, USA Oct 6th, 2013 2013 AMWPA Texas, USA
Areas of research
PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH WORK
· Zahoor S. "A Public Health Project to Increase Awareness of Early Childhood Caries in Amish parents"
Research Study in Amish Community ( Oral Assesment, Caries Risk and Oral Health Care Awareness ) 2018-2020 Jackson, MI
· Zahoor S, Ehsan S, Rafique A, Tayyab MA, Nafees MF, Basit MA and Jamil MA. Prevalence of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Associated Risk Factors: A Survey conducted among Dentists in Lahore. PODJ, 2017; 37(2):351-354.
· Zahoor S, Ehsan S and Ashfaq M. Case Report: Full Mouth Rehabilitation. J Dent Res Vol 94(Spec Iss B): (Pakistan Section), 2015(www.iadr.org).
· Zahoor S, Ashfaq M, Ehsan S and Fareed A. Ergonomic related Risk Factors Evaluation among Dental Professionals. J Dent Res Vol 94(Spec Iss B): (Pakistan Section), 2015(www.iadr.org).
· “Comparative analysis of fracture resistance of maxillary premolars with and without using Fiber reinforced composite restorative system” A Vitro experimental study on 60 extracted maxillary premolars; (To compare the mean force required to propagate fracture in composite restoration with & without using fiber in Class II complex MODs) under supervision of Dr Saroosh Ehsan, FMH, College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan.
· An observational study by evaluating of preventive dental knowledge among adult patients seeking dental care in private practices in Lahore, 2016.( Questionnaire mainly based on Tooth brush methods, dietary habits, history of Fluoride applications) under supervision of Dr Fareed Chisti, Dental Solutions, Lahore.
· Pain response during the pulp testing in deciduous teeth (Cold and Electric pulp test). VAS - visual analogue scale was used to notify the pain response. Study was conducted at Dental Innovations, Lahore under supervision of Dr Muhammad Arslan Tayyab, 2015-2016.
ORAL & POSTER PRESENTATION
· Oral presentation on “Prevalence of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Associated Risk Factors: A Survey conducted among Dentists in Lahore”. 2nd Annual Conference of Pakistan Association for Dental Research (IADR-Pakistan Section) held in Lahore on 4th to 6th October, 2015.
· Oral presentation on “Case Report: Full Mouth Rehabilitation of Severe Fluorosis & discolored teeth with loss of vertical dimension & carious dentition (1 year follow up), Won 3rd prize in Poster Competition. 2nd Annual Conference of Pakistan Association for Dental Research (IADR-Pakistan Section) held in Lahore on 4th to 6th October, 2015.
· Poster presentation on “A Permanent Solution to Failed Restoration”. PDA International Dental Conference, held in Expo Center, Lahore on 5th to 7th April, 2013.
sara zahoor's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45238Get Direction
- Is There a Link Between Gum Disease and Breast Cancer?
Being on top of oral health is important. This is not new information. From childhood, people are taught that brushing at least twice a day and flossing every day is essential.It is also well known now that smoking is a risk factor for cancer. However, what may not be common knowledge is the...
- Floss Your Teeth the Right Way
Alla Wheeler, RDH, MPA, associate professor of the Dental Hygiene Program at the New York University School of Dentistry, says that since the results of flossing are not immediate, most people do not think that the technique actually works.In reality, this is the best technique, as it does...
- What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers give patients a beautiful smile. They are very thin, porcelain layers attached to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are a good solution for the correction of any defects in the position, color, or shape of the teeth.Dental veneers can be made with direct or indirect composites....
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Does Everyone Have Wisdom Teeth?
Introduction When a person reaches the ages between 17 to 21, the eruption of wisdom teeth or third molars may take place. However, for some, wisdom teeth do not show up at all. These teeth are called wisdom teeth because they tend to show up at a later and more mature age. When wisdom teeth...
- Is There an Ideal Teeth Whitening Product?
Normally, teeth are yellowish in color and are rarely pure white. As white teeth are a popular demand, more and more products have hit the market, claiming to whiten teeth. This includes whitening tooth-pastes, gels, rinses, strips and trays. Teeth whitening is recommended for people with healthy...
- Dr. Guy Gunacar DDS10587 Montgomery Rd. Cincinnati OH 45242
- Dr. James R. Wright D.M.D.2004 Callie Way Union KY 41091
- Dr. Gregory J. Pohl DDS3816 Eileen Dr Cincinnati OH 45209
- Lauren Metzger427 W Eads Pkwy Lawrenceburg IN 47025
- Mr. Jerry P Gao DDS10475 Montgomery Rd Cincinnati OH 45242
- Jennifer Elizabeth Taylor CNP2760 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio