Dr. Brian Housman is a Thoracic Surgeon and an Assistant Professor of Thoracic Surgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Dr. Housman completed his residency in General Surgery at New York – Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist. He went on to complete his fellowship in Thoracic Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Dr. Housman’s practice includes all aspects of Thoracic Surgery with extensive training in minimally invasive approaches, including robotic, video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS), and laparoscopy. He has a particular clinical interest in the treatment of Lung Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Benign Esophageal Disease, Mediastinal Masses and Chest Wall Reconstruction including the minimally invasive correction of Pectus Excavatum and Carinatum.
American Board of Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Thoracic Surgery Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital 2020 - Present
- Healer's Hall of Fame 2015 New York - Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- "High Five" Patient Care Award 2015 New York - Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- "High Five" Patient Care Award 2014 New York - Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Leslie M. Wise Award for Highest Academic Achievement 2014 New York - Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- American College of Surgeons Leadership Scholarship 2017 American College of Surgeons
- Iota Epsilon Alpha 2013 St. George's University
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Thoracic Surgery
- NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital (2018)
- NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital (2020)
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons, New York Society For Thoracic Surgery
Brian Housman, MD's Practice location
Lynbrook, NY 11563Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Brian Housman, MD | Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Brian Housman, MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Dr. Lateef Olakunle Giwa MD13124 Rockaway Blvd South Ozone Park NY 11420
- Dr. Israel J. Jacobowitz MD4802 10th Ave Brooklyn New York 11219
- Dr. Ricardo Bello MD, PHD111 East 210th Street Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Stewart Fox M.D.444 Merrick Road Lynbrook New York 11563
- Dr. Khaled F. Salhab MD259 1st St Mineola New York 11501
- Mr. Robert Swersky MD1201 Northern Blvd Manhasset NY 11030