Dr. Anna Toker is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Mansfield, TX. Dr. Toker specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Toker often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
University of New Orleans Bachelor Degree 0
Louisiana State University Master's Degree 0
LSU Medical School medical degree 0
colon & rectal surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor TCU/NTHSC Medical School 2020 - Present
- Alpha Omega Alpha 1996 LSUMC
- Best Doctor 2020 D Magazine
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and a Fellow of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (FASCRS)
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, the American Med Spa Association, the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, the International Academy for Aesthetic Sciences, and the United States Professional Te
- Methodist Hospital general surgery
- University of Texas Health Sciences Center colorectal surgery
- Methodist Hospital Dallas- General Surgery UTHSC Houston- Colorectal Surgery
- Non surgical treatments include Emsella pelvic floor therapy for incontinence, rubber band ligation
- Methodist Hospital of Dallas General Surgery
- UTHSC Colorectal Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- American Board of SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon and Rectal SurgeryAmerican College of SurgeonsAmerican Society of ColoRectal Surgeons
Areas of research
- Microbiology, Immunology, Parasitology
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
Anna M. Toker, MD, FACS, FASCRS's Practice location
Mansfield, TX 76063Get Direction
Anna M. Toker, MD, FACS, FASCRS's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Colorectal Surgeon Dr. Anna M. Toker, who serves patients in Mansfield, Texas.
A board-certified colorectal surgeon, Dr. Toker offers full-service surgical procedures at her private practice in Mansfield, Texas. She specializes in minimally invasive surgery, sacral nerve stimulation, robotic surgery, robotic resection, colonoscopy, and anorectal surgery.
Selected as one of the best doctors in Dallas by her peers, as published in D Magazine, she owns Skandii MedSpa, offering a holistic approach for dietary and nutritional advice, as well as weight loss and aesthetic treatments. She can also be found on staff at Methodist Charlton Medical Center, Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, and USMD Hospital at Arlington.
Pertaining to her educational background, Dr. Toker holds a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of New Orleans, as well as a Master of Science degree from Louisiana State University (LSU). She started her career in medicine by graduating with honors from the LSU Medical School, after which she went on to complete residencies in general surgery and colorectal surgery with the Methodist Hospital and the University of Texas Health Sciences Center.
As a testament to her success, she is board-certified in colon & rectal surgery by the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. It is a member of the American Board of Medical Specialties that issues certificates for practitioners of colorectal surgery.
Furthermore, she is board-certified in surgery by the American Board of Surgery (ABS). The ABS is an independent, non-profit organization located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, founded for the purpose of certifying surgeons who have met a defined standard of education, training, and knowledge.
A Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and a Fellow of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (FASCRS), Dr. Toker is a proud member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, the American Med Spa Association, the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, the International Academy for Aesthetic Sciences, and the United States Professional Tennis Association.
Colorectal surgery is a field in medicine dealing with disorders of the rectum, anus, and colon. The field is also known as proctology, but this term is now used infrequently within medicine and is most often employed to identify practices relating to the anus and rectum in particular. A colorectal surgeon is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of anorectal and colorectal conditions (conditions of the colon, rectum, and anus).
Throughout her illustrious career, Dr. Toker has been the recipient of various awards and honors, including being awarded D Magazine’s “Best Doctors” Award in 2007, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Who is a Proctologist?
What is Proctology?Gastrointestinal tract in the humans is the most critical system. The science of understanding and working with the various processes which are involved in the lower portion of gastrointestinal tract is known as proctology. If there is any problem in any of the processes, then the...
- Most Common Causes of Blood in the Stool
Causes of Gastrointestinal Tract and Rectal BleedingHemorrhoids (Piles)Hemorrhoids are probably the most common cause of blood in the stool. These are swellings in the lower rectum (lower back passage) and anus. Inside the lining of the lower rectum and anus is a group of small blood vessels known...
- The Best Diet for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are caused by an increase of pressure in the anal and rectal veins. This pressure can be caused by standing or sitting for too long, poor posture, anal intercourse, and many other things. However, the most common root causes of hemorrhoids are dietary and lifestyle choices. This means...
- What Causes Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are inflamed and swollen veins in the rectum, which is the last section of the digestive system. They can also occur at the opening of the anus. The veins in the lower rectum and anus tend to swell under pressure, which is basically what causes hemorrhoids. They cause severe pain in the...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- Are There Risks to Anal Fissure Surgery?
This is a tear that occurs within the surrounding tissues of the anus. Normally, anal fissures do not result in severe health complications, although they cause discomfort and irritation and are very painful at times. If an anal fissure goes on for two months and beyond, it is termed as a chronic...
- Dr. Ronald S Kline M.D.515 W Mayfield Rd Arlington TX 76014
- Dr. Anuj Raj Kandel M.D.2460 N I 35 STE 275 WAXAHACHIE TX 75165
- Dr. Paul Ross Senter M.D.1325 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Ronney F Stadler MD2001 N MACARTHUR BLVD IRVING TX 75061
- Dr. Jefferson B Hurley MD2001 N MACARTHUR BLVD IRVING TX 75061
- Dr. Glen D Hooker MD1420 8th Ave Fort Worth TX 76104