Dr. Natalie Scanlon is a psychologist practicing in Round Rock, TX. Dr. Scanlon specializes in the treatment of mental health problems and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Scanlon evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, or Interpersonal Psychotherapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Scanlon because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or other such issues for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Texas Tech University PhD 2016
- Texas Psychological Association
Natalie Scanlon's Practice location
Round Rock, TX 78681Get Direction
Natalie Scanlon's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tourette’s?
Tourette’s syndrome is characterized by vocalization and movements that are involuntary and repetitive. It is a type of tic disorder. The pioneer Dr George Gilles De La Tourette first discovered the condition in 1885 in an eighty-six-year-old French noblewoman. Typically, in childhood, early...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- How Jon Stewart Highlighted Autism Awareness
When there was a slight glitch in the segment Jon Stewart had planned, he had no problem improvising in the best way - bringing awareness to autism.Carly's storyCarly Fleischmann is only twenty-two years old. She is nonverbal and has severe autism, but she's already making her dreams come true. Ever...
- The Proven Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Autism
When it comes to children with autism, parents need to have resources to guide them into better coping mechanisms and strategies for communication. New research has shown that parents are improving feelings of anxiety and sadness by joining their children in therapy, cognitive behavior...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- Dr. Cloyd V. Taylor PH.D.400 W Main St Round Rock Texas 78664
- Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.12600 Hill Country Blvd Bee Cave TX 78738
- Dr. Sandy Andrews PH.D.1823 Fortview Rd. Austin TX 78704
- Elizabeth Handy14425 Falcon Head Blvd, Building E, Suite 216 Austin TX 78738
- Dr. Brian Louis Vasquez PH.D.801 RR 620 SOUTH LAKEWAY TX 78734
- Dr. William Anson Dailey PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705