Psychiatrist | Psychiatry21758 State Road 54 Lutz FL, 33549
Dr. Carolyn Linek-Rajapaksha is a child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist who is board-certified by the American Academy of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Linek founded Florida Family Psychiatry to create a unique patient experience for the Tampa Bay community and residents of Florida. She earned her undergraduate BA degree with honors from the University of Chicago and completed her Doctor of Medicine (MD) from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Linek completed a General Psychiatry Residency at the University of South Florida and a Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at the University of South Florida. Dr. Linek served as Co-Chief Resident of the USF Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Program in her final year of training.
Dr. Linek has practiced evidence-based psychiatry during her years of training and has work experience at many locations in the Tampa Bay area. Her training was complete at USF Silver Center for Child Development, USF Rothman Center for Pediatric Neuropsychiatry, Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, and James A. Haley Veteran’s Hospital. The conditions she treats includes adjustment disorder, adult psychiatry consultation, anxiety, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder (ASD)/Asperger's syndrome, behavior issues, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder (BPD), child and adolescent psychiatry consultation, depression, and development disorders.
Other conditions treated include, dissociative disorder, dyslexia, eating disorders, hyperactive disorder (ADD / ADHD), LBGTQ issues, learning problems, medication management, mood disorders, nightmares, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), panic attack, phobias/irrational fears/school phobia/pre-college fears, postpartum depression, psychiatric medication review, schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder (child & adolescent only), sleep disorder, social anxiety, somatoform disorder, stress management, suicidal ideation, and tic disorders.
Dr. Linek finds it beneficial to the patient when she can work with the patient’s psychologist, primary care physician, school personnel, and other specialists if applicable. With your consent, Dr. Linek can communicate with these professionals involved in your family’s care to facilitate a comprehensive treatment plan.
Our 10 Commitments to Patients:
1. Highest quality care provided by a board-certified psychiatrist: Dr. Linek is a child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist who is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
2. Family Focused: We believe that families do best when each member of your family receives the help they need. Therefore, we offer psychiatric services for your children, teens, and adult family members as appropriate.
3. Access to Care: We believe patients should be able to see their doctor within 2 weeks from the initial request.
4. Dedicated Time: Our practice model allows for more time with patients, so the physician can get to know you as an individual, as well as your medical, social, and psychiatric needs.
5. Compassionate Care: We pride ourselves on being caring, compassionate, and detail-oriented to offer superior psychiatric care.
6. Personalized Medicine: We personalize our treatment plans to each individual’s needs and consider medical, psychological, and social aspects using evidence-based practices.
7. Care Coordination: We find it beneficial to the patient when the psychiatrist can work with the patient’s psychologist, primary care physician, school personnel, and other specialists if applicable. With your consent, we will communicate with these professionals involved in your family’s care to facilitate a comprehensive treatment plan.
8. Convenient online scheduling and messaging: Our convenient and secure online patient portal allows established patients to send non-urgent messages to staff at any time and request/reschedule follow-up appointments 24/7. We will respond to you within 1 business day.
9. Virtual Care: We offer both in-person and virtual/telehealth visits to all Florida residents.
10. Inclusivity: We welcome patients of all cultures and lifestyles.
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Carolyn Linek-Rajapaksha's Practice location
Lutz, FL 33549Get Direction
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Autism
Introduction From the perspective of an outsider, it is very difficult to understand what it is to have autism. This misunderstanding, unfortunately, can result in a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about people with autism. Below are certain misconceptions, which people usually have in...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- Depression Leads to Non-Adherence of COPD Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease, which currently does not have a cure yet, as modern medicine has not found a way to reverse the damage done to the airways and lungs. For this reason, there is a slow and long-term development of debilitating symptoms. The...
- What Is Paranoid Schizophrenia?
Paranoid schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia in which the patient has hallucinations, false beliefs, and delusions that a person or group of individuals, regardless if they are his close friends or loved ones, are continuously plotting against him. At times, the patient may even believe that...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust when looking at closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at things with small clusters of holes that are closely held together. Few of examples would be the head of a...
- Heather M. Neeley905 E Martin Luther King Jr Dr Tarpon Springs Florida 34689
- Dr. Eric L Weinstock M.D.1300 N WEST SHORE BLVD TAMPA FL 33607
- Dr. Milagros Oliviery-Lorenzo M.D.8132 KING HELIE BLVD NEW PORT RICHEY FL 34653
- David J Campopiano ARNP BC9307 Cypress Bend Drive Tampa FL 33647
- Dr. Reham A Sadek MD11428 n. 53rd st. Temple Terrace Tampa FL 33617
- Dr. Maria Theresa Caserta MD12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa FL 33612