Raj Murthy, MD, MPH, MS
Pain Management Specialist | Interventional Pain Medicine31 River Road 100 Cos Cob CT, 06807
Dr. Raj Murthy MD, MPH, MS is an Interventional Pain Medicine Physician and Physiatrist who practices in New York, NY and Greenwich, CT. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention, evaluation, treatment, regeneration and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Murthy serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving and regenerative procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
Education and Training
University of Maryland BS 2005
University of Maryland MS 2008
American University MD 2015
Walden University MPH 2014
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Attending Physician/Associate Professor Mount Sinai Medical Center 2021 - Present
- New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- New York Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Society of Pain and Neuromodulation
- North American Neuromodulation Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication to my patients, passionate about pain medicine, driven to succeed and having great mentors.
Raj Murthy, MD, MPH, MS's Practice location
Cos Cob, CT 06807Get Direction
New York, NY 10128Get Direction
Raj Murthy, MD, MPH, MS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Murthy
I suffered with Pain for so long until I met Dr. Murthy. He helped me so much. I am playing competitive tennis again! My only regret is not seeing him sooner! Highly recommend!
- Can Ear Infections Cause Deafness?
Some amount of hearing loss may occur during an ear infection. This hearing loss might be partial to severe depending on the part of the ear affected and the extent to which the ear is affected. In most cases this deafness clears up along with the infection that is causing it but in some cases the...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Improving Sleep Apnea Symptoms May Benefit Epilepsy Patients
Epilepsy affects approximately 0.5-1 percent of the population. It is a disease characterized by involuntary movements or seizures. Although numerous drugs have been introduced to treat epilepsy over the last few decades, almost one-third of those living with epilepsy do not benefit from these...
- Steroids for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Introduction Steroids, which are also known as corticosteroids, are basically synthetic medications or drugs that closely resemble cortisol, which is a hormone naturally produced by the body. Steroids are used to treat various medical conditions since they work by decreasing inflammation and also...
- Does Celiac Disease Impact Hair Growth?
As celiac disease (CD) continues to be a hot topic, more people are becoming to understand its many symptoms. Everyone knows that CD can cause gastrointestinal problems, headaches, skin issues, and weight loss. But, with all the ‘common’ and well-known symptoms, there is also a few not-so-well...
- Tips to Lose Weight Quickly and Safely
Time and again it has been made clear that losing weight fast is not good for the body. But there are times when you really want to lose those extra pounds to fit into your favorite dress for a family function. “Losing weight fast is not bad if it is done properly”, says Michael Dansinger, MD,...
- Dayna McCarthy D.O.83 S Bedford Rd Mount Kisco NY 10549
- Amit Sharma110 E Main St Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Kamil Jaghab M.D.244 Store Hill Rd Old Westbury NY 11568
- Dr. Alexander Weingarten MD121 Eileen Way Syosset NY 11791
- Dr. Sathish Modugu MD280 N CENTRAL AVE HARTSDALE NY 10530
- Dr. Bella M Malits MD34 SOUTH BEDFORD ROAD MOUNT KISCO NY 10549