Dr. Valentin Tureanu, MD, NCMP, is a top-rated reproductive endocrinologist and certified menopause practitioner committed to providing advanced care for patients in and around Chicago and Downers Grove, Illinois. Dr. Tureanu focuses on providing comprehensive care for women with fertility problems, menopause symptoms, and other medical issues, including state-of-the-art fertility treatments like in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intrauterine insemination (IUI), polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and hormone replacement therapy (HRT). A respected researcher and clinician, Dr. Tureanu is dedicated to providing patients with evidence-based, patient-centered care focused on achieving the best possible outcomes in every case. He has authored several books and papers, and he is an active member of several professional associations, including the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, American Society of Reproductive Surgeons, and American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and The North American Menopause Society.
Education and Training
Iuliu Hatieganu Institute of Medicine and Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine MD 1985
Romanian Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (1994)
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Chicago Medical School Teaching Award 2007 The Rosalind Franklin University
- Berlex Laboratories' Teaching Resident Award 2005
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society of Reproductive Surgeons
- The North American Menopause Society
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embriology
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- International Society for Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy
- New York Academy of Sciences
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- University of Bucharest, Romania Obstetrics and Gynecology 1994
- John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital, Chicago Obstetrics and Gynecology 2007
- The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility 2009
Valentin Tureanu, MD, NCMP's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60640Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60640Get Direction
Downers Grove, IL 60516Get Direction
Valentin Tureanu, MD, NCMP's reviewsWrite Review
- Fibroids: How Can a Hysterectomy Help Me?
Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that entails removal of the uterus or womb. Most women choose hysterectomy to completely resolve their fibroid-related symptoms. This treatment stops menstrual bleeding, relieves pelvic pressure, suppresses the frequency of urination, and prevents the growth of...
- What Is a Yeast Infection of the Skin?
IntroductionThe most common type of yeast infection in the skin is candidiasis, which is caused by Candida species. There are more than 20 Candida species that exist, and the most common among them is Candida albicans. These fungi may also occasionally cause infections. Below are some of the...
- Different Approach to Mastectomy Can Provide 'Superior' Results
According to the results from a medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a two-stage process involving pre-shaping breast reduction, alongside risk-reducing mastectomy and reconstruction, is considered a safer approach with superior cosmetic outcomes.Mastectomy refers to a...
- Tips to Alleviate Hot Flashes
Hormonal therapy is the commonest treatment for hot flashes. It is the only FDA-endorsed therapy so far. However, several other non-hormonal alternatives are available to help women alleviate their menopause-related symptoms before considering hormonal therapies. For some women, especially those who...
- Treatments for Vaginitis
Vaginitis is a condition where there is inflammation in the vagina. It is usually accompanied by a condition of the vulva known as vulvovaginitis. It develops from an infection caused by bacteria, yeast, or the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis. However, it may also result from a chemical or physical...
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- Dr. Radha Burtch M.D.1900 W Polk St Chicago IL 60612
- Preeti Jhaveri1300 West Devon Chicago Illinois 60660
- Dr. Micaela Della Torre M.D.1740 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Rosalyn Porter M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Kornelia E. Krol MD6438 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60646
- Dr. Eiman H. El-Tag M.D.825 Bermuda Dunes Place Northbrook Illinois 60062