Dr. Francina Peralta-Machado practices Geriatric Medicine in Chicago, IL. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Peralta-Machado works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American Geriatrics Society
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Photography
Dr. Francina Peralta-Machado MD's Practice location
Chicago , IL 60632Get Direction
BLUE ISLAND, IL 60406Get Direction
Hines, IL 60141Get Direction
Dr. Francina Peralta-Machado MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Does "Senile" Mean?
What is senile?Senile is the term used to describe an individual who experiences senility due to old age. The word "senility" means the state of both physical and mental decline associated with old age. Senility is commonly seen among the elderly. The concept of senility is also commonly compared to...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- Dr. Peyman Pahlavan M.D.153 1/2 North 19th Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160
- Dr. Michael J. Leiding MD1725 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Elaine Liu M.D.1901 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Anand Lal MD1100 Lake St Oak Park IL 60301
- Dr. Necholas Ghannam MD9831 S Western Ave Chicago IL 60643
- Dr. James Joseph Mccoy MD1822 N Dayton St Chicago IL 60614