Junior Macias Madaula, MD
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine1505 53 Ave South Bradenton FL, 34203
Dr. Junior Madaula practices Geriatric Medicine in Bradenton, FL. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Madaula works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Instituto Superior de Ciencias Medicas de Santiago de Cuba, Cuba medical degree 1997
Superior Institute of Medical Sciences of Santiago de Cuba Doctor of Philosophy degree in Education 2007
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gold Seal for Academic Achievements 1997
- The Prasad Award (The Art of Medicine and Excellence in Patient Care) Year NYU Langone Lutheran Medical Center
- Geriatric Fellow of the Year University of Miami 2015-2016 Year
- 1. Best Poster Presentation in the Research Fair at Lutheran Medical Center 2014-2015 Year
- 2. 2nd place winner in diagnosing and managing high risk diseases Chen Medical South Florida Market 2017 Year
- 3. 1st place winner in diagnosing and managing high risk diseases Chen Medical South Florida Market 2018 Year
- 4. 2nd place winner in VIP service at Chen Medical South Florida market 2018 Year
- 5. Top performer PCP at ChenMed 2019-2020 Year
- 6. PCP partner at Chen Medical June 2018 Year
- 7. Medical Director of Center April 2019 Year
- 8. Black Belt training Graduate ChenMed April 2019 Year
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physician
- Cuban Society of General Surgery
- Cuban Society of Endocrinology
- Ibero-latino-american Society of Surgery
- Florida Medical Association
- American Geriatric Society.
- American Wound Care Society
- Florida Medical Directors Association
- University of Miami / Jackson Health System geriatric medicine 2016
Junior Macias Madaula, MD's Practice location
Bradenton, FL 34203Get Direction
HIALEAH, FL 33015Get Direction
Get to know Geriatrician Dr. Junior Macias Madaula, who serves patients throughout the State of Florida.
A Florida-based geriatrician, Dr. Macias Madaula is one of the Regional Medical Directors at ChenMed, serving patients in the Bradenton South area, and coaching other physicians within the organization for 3 different other regions: Miami Dade-Lee, Tampa-West Coast and Detroit.
Discovering his passion for healing in high school, he became interested in anatomy and physiology and decided to dedicate his life to practicing medicine. His family helped influence his decision to work with seniors.
“I was raised by older adults. Living with my great-grandmother 100 year-old and grandmother, who is currently 96 years old, made me appreciate the frailties of the human body. It fulfilled a deep commitment to practice medicine in a special way— one that can improve the conditions of seniors by providing care that relieves suffering, improves functional ability, promotes health and well-being, independence, and overall quality of life” expressed Dr. Macias Madaula.
In regards to his educational background, he earned his medical degree from the Superior Institute of Medical Sciences of Santiago de Cuba in 1997, and received his Doctor of Philosophy degree in Education from the same educational venue in 2007. Later, he completed his residency in internal medicine at NYU Langone Lutheran Hospital-Brooklyn in 2015, and his fellowship in geriatric medicine at the University of Miami / Jackson Health System in 2016.
An expert in his field, the doctor is board-certified in geriatric medicine and internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). The ABIM is a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world, this is another vision for ChenMed company recently mentioned by Fortune Magazine as one of the best organizations changing the world.
Continuously advancing his efforts, Dr. Macias Madaula is an active member of the American Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, the Florida Medical Association, and the American Geriatric Society.
Geriatrics, or geriatric medicine, is a specialty that focuses on the health care of elderly people. It aims to promote health by preventing and treating diseases and disabilities in older adults. A geriatrician is a health care provider who focuses on patient well-being and independent functioning. These allopathic or osteopathic health care providers are specifically trained to evaluate and manage the unique health care needs and special treatment requirements of older people.
- How to Prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is caused by an autoimmune disorder. There is no specific reason for this disarray in the immune system, and this is why it is difficult to list preventive measures. However, there are some ways to reduce the chances of occurrence of rheumatoid arthritis. Moreover, there are...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- Anti-Tremor Medications for Parkinson's Disease
IntroductionParkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive disorder. In this disorder, the movements of the individual are affected. When we say progressive, it means that as time passes by, the symptoms related to the disease tend to worsen. Parkinson’s disease does not have a complete cure...
- Can You Get Nauseated from Being Dehydrated?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by not so severe dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs,...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Dr. James P. Floyd D.O.300 Riverside Drive East Bradenton FL 34208
- Dr. Heather Cappello M.D.5880 Rand Blvd Sarasota FL 34238
- Dr. Bruce I Harrow M.D.5500 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota FL 34233
- Laurence Weiner MD1900 BROTHER GEENEN WAY SARASOTA FL 34236
- Dr. C. Ross Morrison M.D.2881 Hyde Park St Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Kevin W O'neil M.D.1900 Brother Geenen Way Sarasota FL 34236