Dr. Munir-zakary Raja Tanas MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology200 Hawkins Dr Department Of Pathol Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Munir-zakary Tanas is a pathologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Tanas is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Tanas can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Tanas may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
University of Washington School of Medicine 2004
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Surgical Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Molecular Genetics, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Munir-zakary Raja Tanas MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Dr. Michael S Icardi MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Thomas Jay Raife MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Yashpal D Agrawal M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nancy Smukler Rosenthal MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Matthew Krasowski MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Benjamin W. Darbro M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242