Dr. Bhaskar N. Raju, founder of Orlando Psychiatric Associates Inc, is one of the leading "Child, Adolescent & Adult Psychiatrists" in Florida and is known as an innovator and continues to be in the forefront of his field. Dr. Raju has had a passion for working with children and teenagers all of his life and his success in treating this population is undoubtedly a direct reflection of his ethics. He takes the time necessary to know his patients, their families and their dynamics very well, while providing complete and comprehensive psychiatric care. Dr. Raju also enjoys working with other medical and mental health Providers in a collaborative care model and acts as a mentor to others committed to the mental health care of children, adolescents, and adults. His knowledge, compassion, and uncompromised dedication assures that he remains a master Clinician. He is a strong advocate for child and adolescent mental health. Believing that our children are the future, Dr. Raju strives to help children with mental health disorders feel well, do well, progress well and provides the tools for each child to become confident and successful adults. Dr. Raju's success is reflected in his many years of experience in the psychiatry field, and he has been able to achieve 5 beautiful and well-established offices in Central Florida: Orlando, Ocoee, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, and Lakeland.
Education and Training
Sv Med College MD
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- CEO and President Orlando Psychiatric Associates 2005 - Present
- Top 10 Doctor Award 2014 Vitals
- Florida's Favorite Physician 2011 Patients Choice Award
- Florida's Favorite Physician 2008 Patients Choice Award
- Florida's Favorite Physician 2009 Patients Choice Award
- Compassionate Dr. Award 2016 Vitals
- Leading Physician of the World 2018 Find a Top Doc
- Top Psychiatrist 2018 Top Doctor
- Honorary Preceptor/Instructor 2019 Walden University
- Top Child & Adult Psychiatrist 2019 Top Doctor
Dr. Bhaskar Raju, MD's Practice location
Orlando, Florida 32809 Get Direction
LAKELAND, FL 33805Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Bhaskar Raju, MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Bhaskar Raju, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Raju
Very good doctor- seen him for the last 10 years
Have been seeing doctor for 10 years- one of the best doctors in Orlando!
Dr. Raju is awesome he cares for his patients. I would recommend him to my friends and family.
- Cystic Fibrosis: Talking to Loved Ones
When getting a life-changing diagnosis, it may be hard to discuss it with others. It is isolating when you feel others do not understand; your family and friends may not have cystic fibrosis or know people affected by the disease. You may also be dealing with shock from the new diagnosis. Chances...
- How Emotional Intelligence Helps Ensure Patients' Safety
There is no doubt that nursing is one of the most rewarding careers out there. Those individuals who choose to become nurses have the opportunity to help patients and families through some of the most difficult and rewarding times in their lives. From births to deaths, nurses are the soldiers that...
- The Wheelchair Vantage Point: Living with Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a collective term used to describe conditions that cause progressive muscle weakness, atrophy, and death. The most common and most severe type, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, is caused by a mutation in the gene that controls the production of dystrophin, a protein necessary to...
- What Is Thalassemia Intermedia?
Thalassemia intermedia is an inherited genetic blood disorder. It is a milder form of thalassemia, wherein there is a reduced production of “adult” hemoglobin, which leads to anemia. It means that your child has a missing ingredient to create a normal adult hemoglobin.Thalassemia intermedia is...
- Relieving Sleep Apnea Through Meditation
A diagnosis of sleep apnea can be a scary and confusing thing. Snoring, which is simply an annoying habit to some and just a part of life to others, suddenly has an ominous ring to it. Thankfully, there are a few simple lifestyle changes that can help relieve some of the effects of sleep apnea and...
- Serious Gabapentin Side Effects
Serious gabapentin side effects can be threatening to one's health, so it should be used with doctor’s supervision. Some of its side effects include aggressive and suicidal behavior. Gabapentin is a drug prescribed to treat certain types of seizures and manage pain caused by nerve problems. It is...
- Dr. Arlene Zoï¿½ Roman MD455 W WARREN AVE LONGWOOD FL 32750
- Luis Olivera-Rodriguez MD, MPH6001 VINELAND RD STE 109 ORLANDO FL 32819
- Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Singhal M.D.1540 Citrus Medical Court Ocoee FL 34761
- Dr. Abid Malik M.D.455 W WARREN AVE LONGWOOD FL 32750
- Dr. Rex A Birkmire MD650 S CENTRAL AVE OVIEDO FL 32765
- Dr. John Peter Zincone M.D.ORLANDO VA MEDICAL CENTER ORLANDO FL 32803