Dr. Farida Bounoua is a general surgeon practicing in Santa Barbara, CA. Dr. Bounoua specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Bounoua provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University Algiers 1987
University of Algeria National Institute of Higher Learning 1998
- Hiatal Hernia
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Vascular Disease
- UNIVERSITE PARIS V RENE DESCARTES
Dr. Farida Bounoua MD's Practice location
Santa Barbara, CA 93111Get Direction
Santa Barbara, CA 93105Get Direction
Dr. Farida Bounoua MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bounoua
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- Dr. Kimberly Painter Grafton MD536 E Arrellaga St Santa Barbara CA 93103
- Dr. Marc Zerey MD317 W Pueblo St Santa Barbara CA 93105
- Dr. Rosa Choi M.D.317 W Pueblo St Santa Barbara CA 93105
- Dr. Stephen S. Kaminski M.D.320 W Pueblo St Santa Barbara CA 93105
- Dr. David Scott Thoman M.D.536 E Arrellaga St Santa Barbara CA 93103
- Dr. Jeffrey Mark Gauvin MD2221 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817