Dr. Bernard Degnan MD
Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology22201 Moross Rd 270 Grosse Pointe MI, 48236
Dr. Bernard Degnan is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Grosse Pointe, MI. Dr. Degnan specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1987
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1987
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Pediatric Endocrinology; Fitzsimons Army Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Fitzsimons Army Med Center
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Bernard Degnan MD's Practice location
Grosse Pointe, MI 48236Get Direction
ROYAL OAK, MI 48073Get Direction
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- What is Apert Syndrome?
Apert syndrome, named after the French physician who described the condition for the first time, is a genetic disorder characterized by several birth defects. Children with this syndrome will have an abnormally developed face and skull. This syndrome is rare and in most cases, it develops even when...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Peter Gerrits Other3535 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Swati Pandya MD3901 Beaubien St Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Amita Adhikari MD MPH3950 BEAUBIEN 3RD FLOOR DETROIT MI 48201
- Dr. Kathleen C Moltz MD3950 BEAUBIEN DETROIT MI 48201
- Dr. James Gutai MD3901 Beaubien St Detroit MI 48201
- Marjorie Golekoh M.D.3950 Beaubien Detroit MI 48201