Alicia Morrison, MD, FAAP
Pediatrician6080 Boynton Beach Blvd Unit 240 Boynton Beach FL, 33437
Dr. Alicia Morrison is a pediatrician practicing in Coral Springs, FL. Dr. Morrison is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Morrison diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They play a critical role in promoting the health and well-being of children and young people. In addition, to treating illnesses, pediatricians also focus on preventive healthcare measures that can help children maintain good health and avoid future health problems. Dr. Morrison is inspired to serve her community with an enthusiastic spirit, driven to communicate well and motivated to establish strong rapport with all patients.
Education and Training
Charles E. Schmidt COM at FAU Medical Doctor 2017
American Board of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
Professional Society Memberships
- Member of the United Methodist Church
- Member of American Medical Association (AMA) 2019 presentMember of American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) 2014 present
Articles and Publications
- Kienstra, C. Morrisson, A. (2018, June 12) Scoliosis a common condition that could require medicalcare The Miami Herald. https://www.miamiherald.com/living/health-fitness/article213026139.htmlCo-authored Morrison, A, et al. (December 2018- present) QI Meds to Bed: A Patient-CenteredIntervention to Improve the Process of Delivery of Discharge Prescriptions (Primary Sponsor:University of Miami and Holtz Childrens Hospital). Accepted FCAAP Dec 1, 2018. Presented at the2019 Jackson Quality & Safety Showcase Oral Competition by Dr. Landaeta (May 22,2019).Morrison, A., Cohen, H., Adler, L., Sperling, R., Wood, S.Atypical presentation of Henoch-Schonlein Purpura with Intussusception Consultant360, Vol 56-issue 10, October 2016
What do you attribute your success to?
- I am truly grateful for the blessings and opportunities that have come my way. I owe my success to the grace of God, the unwavering support of my family ( Donovan Morrison, Moralis Morrison, Deanna Morrison, Alexandria Morrison, Bum Bum, Auntie Heather Powell, etc) , close friends and the invaluable guidance of my mentors (Dr. Charles Teebagy) who have shaped me along the way. Without their love, guidance and encouragement, I would not be where I am today. I am humbled by their contribution to my life and will continue to cherish their presence in my journey.
Teaching and speaking
- Palm Beach State College, Boca Raton, FL 05/2011 06/2013SLC Tutor and Anatomy Bone Lab TutorSubjects areas: Introductory Algebra, General Chemistry,Anatomy and Physiology, and Biology.
Hobbies / Sports
- I enjoy cooking and consider myself a foodie so I enjoy trying new restaurantsI enjoy spending quality time with family and friendsI enjoy exercising ( HIIT, rollerblading, running or gym)
Alicia Morrison, MD, FAAP's Practice location
Boynton Beach, FL 33437Get Direction
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- When a Child with Autism Refuses Treatment
You have a child you love very much. You want to help them so that they can develop into as healthy and happy a person as they can be. But they refuse to cooperate with their unique autism treatment. What can you do?Children with autism can refuse treatment for a variety of reasons. Some reasons...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Teen with Autism Creates Artificial Intelligence Prototype
When educators are faced with a child that responds differently in a classroom environment that what is typically expected, teaching that child can be a daunting task. It’s not uncommon knowledge that children with autism, especially if they have a more severe form of autism, don’t always...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- How Do I Protect My Baby From Mumps?
How do I protect my baby from mumps?The virus of mumps is an airborne virus, which means that it spreads quickly between children and adults unless they have been vaccinated. Mumps is a common childhood illness. Your baby is protected from mumps when he/she has already has this infection or has been...
- Dr. Griselda Grullon M.D4913 S DIXIE HWY WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405
- Esther B. Eisenstein18458 Vía Di Sorrento Boca Raton FL 33496
- Dr. Ruby Ann Cayco-Bell MD13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee FL 33470
- Julia Retureta3000 Coral Hills Drive Coral Springs Florida 33065
- Dr. Greta Stiebel-Chin O.D.8170 Man O War Road Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33418
- Subhashini Yalamanchi225 S. Congress Ave. Delray Beach Florida 33445