Dr. Maria E Alexianu M.D. is a top Doctor in Summit, NJ.With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. Maria E Alexianu M.D. is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better.Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Maria E Alexianu M.D. is a prime example of a true leader in health care.As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. Maria E Alexianu M.D. is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients.In Summit, NJ, Dr. Maria E Alexianu M.D. is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Carol Davila University of Medicine & Pharmacy MD
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- 2004
- Immune reactivity in a mouse model of familial ALS correlates with disease progression.
- Neurotrophic trigeminal syndrome after pontine stroke.
- Multiple sclerosis associated with axonal neuropathy.
- Granulomatous angiitis of the central nervous system. Case report.
- Particular neurological aspects in vascular autoimmune diseases. II. Cryoglobulinemic vasculitis and polyarteritis nodosa.
- Particular neurological aspects in vascular autoimmune diseases. I. Rheumatoid purpura, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis immunoglobulins increase Ca2+ currents in a motoneuron cell line.
- Apoptotic cell death of a hybrid motoneuron cell line induced by immunoglobulins from patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Chronic sensorimotor polyneuropathy associated with cerebello-extrapyramidal manifestations in a patient with tomaculous neuropathy.
- Cytotoxicity of immunoglobulins from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients on a hybrid motoneuron cell line.
- Charcot-Marie-tooth syndrome associated with cerebello-extrapyramidal manifestations in a patient with tomaculous neuropathy.
- Renaut bodies contain elastic fiber components.
- Expression of calbindin-D28K in motoneuron hybrid cells after retroviral infection with calbindin-D28K cDNA prevents amyotrophic lateral sclerosis IgG-mediated cytotoxicity.
- The role of immune processes in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis pathogenesis.
- Tomaculous neuropathy with unusual clinical aspects.
- Apoptosis induced by beta-N-oxalylamino-L-alanine on a motoneuron hybrid cell line.
- 1Alpha, 25 dihydroxyvitamin D3-dependent up-regulation of calcium-binding proteins in motoneuron cells.
- Experimental destruction of substantia nigra initiated by Parkinson disease immunoglobulins.
- NYU (Neurology)
- Columbia University - Neurological Institute
Dr. Maria E Alexianu M.D.'s Practice location
Summit, NJ 07901Get Direction
WESTFIELD, NJ 07090Get Direction
Dr. Maria E Alexianu M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alexianu
- Bronchitis: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms
Acute bronchitis is mainly caused by a viral infection, whereas cigarette smoking is the most common cause of chronic bronchitis.Causes of acute bronchitisAcute bronchitis can be caused viral and bacterial organisms. Out of all, the most common viruses responsible for acute bronchitis include...
- Strep Throat: Should I Get My Tonsils Removed?
Considering the removal of your tonsils, based on the recurrence of strep throat infections, should be discussed with your doctor to determine if you should have the procedure.Can I Still Get Strep After Having My Tonsils Removed?Strep throat is an infection that affects the throat and is caused by...
- Are You a Candidate for a Face lift?
What is a facelift?A face lift also known as a rhytidectomy or rhytidoplasty is a surgical procedure done to improve aging signs in the face and neck. This procedure is usually performed in on women in their 4th, 5th, or 5th decade of life.Why is a facelift done?If you are worried by facial...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. Janet M Neigel M.D.101 Old Short Hills Rd West Orange NJ 07052
- Dr. Suzanne M Kabis M.D.1350 Hamilton St Somerset NJ 08873
- Dr. Maurice M Khosh M.D.425 West 59th Street New York NY 10019
- Dr. Richard Walter Urbanek M.D.1324 Victory Blvd Staten Island NY 10301
- Dr. Benjamin Fand MD10 Parsonage Rd Edison NJ 08837
- Deborah Ruth Spey M.D.101 Old Short Hills Road West Orange NJ 07052