Dr. Susan Duffek is a radiologist practicing in Sioux Falls, SD. Dr. Duffek specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Univ Of Sd Sch Of Med- Vermillion Sd- 1992
University of South Dakota 1992
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Pediatric Radiology; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
- Pediatric Radiology: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) Pediatric
Susan M Duffek MD's Practice location
Sioux Falls, SD 57104Get Direction
Sioux Falls, SD 57105Get Direction
Susan M Duffek MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Steven Mcgraw MD1309 W 17th St Sioux Falls SD 57104
- Michele M Lohr M.D.1309 W 17th St Sioux Falls SD 57104
- Bryan L Barness MD1210 W 18th St Sioux Falls SD 57104
- Cameron L Stokka MD1417 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Charles E Flohr MD1417 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Melinda R. Talley M.D.1417 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls SD 57105