Dr. Robert S. Westrol M.D.
Pain Management Specialist | Interventional Pain Medicine1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA, 23298
Dr. Robert Westrol practices Pain Medicine in Richmond, VA. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Westrol serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
Education and Training
MCP-Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, PA M.D. 2002
Princeton University B.S. Engineering 1995
- ClosureFast – Radiofrequency Ablation
- Ambulatory Phlebecotmy
- Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy
- Board CertifiedAmerican Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Professional MemberAmerican College of Phlebology
- Thomas Jefferson University Rehabilitation Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University Pain Medicine
Dr. Robert S. Westrol M.D.'s Practice location
Richmond, VA 23298Get Direction
HICKORY, NC 28602Get Direction
Greer, SC 29650Get Direction
Dr. Robert S. Westrol M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Westrol
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
IntroductionThe main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling...
- With Fibromyalgia, Pain Can Be Motivation
The pursuit of pleasure and happiness and avoidance of pain and strife has been a factor which has driven us as a species to evolve so that we may adapt to our environments and reap its many benefits. Even back in prehistoric times where daily life was filled to the brim with agents which could...
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
What is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy?Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is also medically termed as reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD). This is a condition which often leads to chronic pain in which high levels of nerve impulses are sent to the affected area. There are studies that...
- What is IP 204 Pill : Side Effects and Usage
IntroductionThe IP 204 pill is white in color and oval or elliptical in shape with an imprint of "IP 204". It has been identified as acetaminophen and oxycodone hydrochloride in the strength of 325 mg of acetaminophen and 10 mg of oxycodone. This pill is supplied by Amneal Pharmaceuticals.The size...
- Sprained Ribs: What You Need to Know
The ribs form a cage-like structure that helps protect the heart and lungs against injuries. There are 24 ribs in the human body with 12 ribs on each side. Rib injuries can affect the lungs or heart if treatment is not given in a timely manner. What is a sprained rib?A sprained rib is also called...
- U15 Pill
IntroductionThe U15 pill is a white-colored capsule-shaped pill with an imprint of "U15". It is known to contain the active ingredients acetaminophen in the strength of 325 mg and oxycodone hydrochloride in the strength of 5 mg.This medicine is manufactured by the company Aurolife Pharma LLC. It is...
- Dr. Suzanne Lagosky DO5213 Hickory Park Dr Glen Allen VA 23059
- Dr. Douglas William Wisor MD3031 Javier Rd Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Niteesh Bharara MD1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Ripal A Parikh D.O.1900 S Main St Findlay OH 45840
- Dr. Jeremy Jay Hoff D.O.730 Thimble Shoals Blvd Newport News VA 23606
- Dr. Tahira Naviwala MD1401 Johnston Willis Dr Richmond VA 23235