Dentist414 Plymouth Ave. NE Grand Rapids Michigan, 49505
Dr. John Bruinsma is a Dentist practicing in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dr. Bruinsma has 30+years of experience and it is his #1 priority to save your natural teeth, if possible. He is the an award winning clinician and is happy to give you a second opinion if you are not satisfied with your current dental treatment diagnosis. He listens to your concerns and will honestly and compassionately evaluate the best treatment that works for you and your family.
Education and Training
University of Michigan DDS 1980
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Top Dentists 2020, 2021 2022 Peer Recognition, GR Magazine
- West Michigan District Dental Society, Michigan Dental Association, American Dental Association
Areas of research
Dr. Bruinsma was president and CEO of Dr. John's Candies for 24 years. Dr. John's Candies manufactured innovative sugar free candies that contained sweeteners known to prevent dental decay. Dr. John researched and developed the first sugar free lollipop and hard candy that contained Xylitol, a cavity-fighting ingredient, and also he developed the first candy to contain a patented probiotic.
John Bruinsma's Practice location
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49505Get Direction
- Dealing with Lupus Mouth Sores
What is lupus? Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disorder. If you have an autoimmune disorder, your immune system mistakenly attacks the healthy cells in your body, which causes inflammation. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, skin rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain,...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- Floss Your Teeth the Right Way
Alla Wheeler, RDH, MPA, associate professor of the Dental Hygiene Program at the New York University School of Dentistry, says that since the results of flossing are not immediate, most people do not think that the technique actually works.In reality, this is the best technique, as it does...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Lance W. Dehne4868 Lake Michigan Dr Allendale Charter Twp MI 49401
- Dr. Eric D Hull D.D.S.769 York Creek Dr NW Comstock Park MI 49321
- Dr. Bruce Alexander Stewart D.D.S.769 York Creek Dr NW Comstock Park MI 49321
- Dr. Karen Ann O'rourke DDS4250 Kalamazoo Ave Se Grand Rapids MI 49508
- Dr. Joseph F Erdman D.D.S.6886 Cascade Rd Se Grand Rapids MI 49546
- Dr. Thomas L Nykamp D.D.S2740 Eastern Ave Se Grand Rapids MI 49507