Chiropractor1880 Hylan Blvd 2R-14 Staten Island NY, 10305
Dr. Carlos Barrera is a physician practicing in Staten Island, NY. Dr. Barrera specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating conditions associated with the neuromusculoskeletal system, while improving each patients functionality and quality of life. Conditions treated include sciatica, neck pain, and arthritis pain, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Bridgeport Doctor of Chiropractic Med 2020
Saint Francis College B.S (Biology) 2016
University of Bridgeport MPH 2024
National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Carlos Barrera's Expert Contributions
Inter-Professional Collaborations: Chiropractic Medicine and Urgent-Care Medicine. DCs and NPs.
By: Dr. Carlos M. Barrera, DC, Dr. Mardochee K. Augstuine, DC, and Christian DeFournoy, MSN, FNP. The top three diagnoses/chief complaints that present to most outpatient urgent care centers, primary care clinics, and medical settings can be arguably categorized as gastrointestinal complaints,...
Healthcare Leadership: A New Paradigm in Modern Medicine with New Faces at the Forefront
“Healthcare is defined as efforts made to maintain or restore physical, mental, or emotional well-being especially by trained and licensed professionals” as defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary. Leadership is defined as “the act or an instance of leading” as defined by the...
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor The City University of New York- The College of Staten Island 2022 - Present
- Manager of Clinical Laboratory Support Northwell Health- Staten Island University Hospital 2020 - Present
- Executive Director OneCare Health- Advanced Practice Health & Wellness 2021 - Present
- American Chiropractic Association
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- American Heart Association
- Project Hospitality
- Make The Road New York
- Port Richmond Strong
Carlos Barrera's Practice location
Staten Island, NY 10305Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Carlos Barrera | Chiropractor
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
- What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Basically anyone can experience lower back pain but studies have shown that adults of age 30 to 60 years tend to have a higher chance of experiencing back pain. Nevertheless, no one is safe from lower back pain.Lower back pain can be caused by a variety of problems with any parts of the complex,...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- 10 Preventable Causes of Shin Splints
Shin splints, also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS) is the pain you feel along the inner aspect of your shin bone. It is a result of repeated stress on your shin. Several factors may cause shin splints and most of them are preventable. If you are aware of the preventable causes of shin...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- What are the Causes of Upper and Middle Back Pain?
Upper, middle, or lower back pain is one of the most common conditions that people visit the doctor for. Upper and middle refers to the region from the base of the neck to the base of rib cage at the back. The bones in this region work in association with the rib cage and protect internal organs...
- Dr. Gary J. Szitanko D.C.170 HIGHWAY 35 RED BANK NJ 07701
- Dr. Alex M. Eingorn D.C.825 7th Avenue New York New York 10019
- Dr. Glenn Bager DC92 State Rt 27 Rahway NJ 07065
- Dr. Alan Bernard Levine D.C.124 E Mount Pleasant Ave Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Marco Lopez D.C.22 Old Short Hills Rd Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Carmen Romano DC345 Main St Madison New Jersey 07940