Dr. Joey Mancuso practices Neurological Surgery in Chicago, IL. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Mancuso prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute of Technology 2009
Dr. Joey Melissa Mancuso D.O.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
VALHALLA, NY 10595Get Direction
Dr. Joey Melissa Mancuso D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Dr. Justin Santarelli M.D.100 WOODS RD VALHALLA NY 10595
- Meic Schmidt M.D.100 WOODS ROAD Valhalla NY 10595
- Dr. Carrie R Muh M.D., M.S.100 WOODS RD # A VALHALLA NY 10595
- Dr. Dhruve Satish Jeevan M.D.100 Woods Rd Valhalla NY 10595
- Mr. Jared Michael Pisapia MD, MTR100 WOODS RD # A VALHALLA NY 10595
- Dr. Christian Andrew Bowers M.D.100 WOODS RD VALHALLA NY 10595