Dr. Doug Mccallum practices Neurological Surgery in Los Angeles, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Mccallum prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
University of California 2001
Mr. Doug Mccallum Other's Practice location
Mr. Doug Mccallum Other's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- Dr. Barry B Ceverha M.D.2865 Atlantic Ave Long Beach CA 90806
- Dr. Leslie D. Cahan MD4733 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Dr. Brian Randall Gantwerker M.D.18350 Roscoe Blvd Northridge CA 91325
- Dr. Wesley A King M.D.120 S Spalding Dr Beverly Hills CA 90212
- Dr. Rahul Jandial M.D., PH.D.5425 Panoramic Ln San Diego CA 92121
- Dr. Abraham Rayhaun MD2888 Long Beach Blvd Long Beach CA 90806