Dr. Kirk A Nelson D.O.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease11200 Tesson Ferry Rd Suite 100 Saint Louis MO, 63123
Dr. Kirk Nelson practices Pulmonology in Saint Louis, MO. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Nelson manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Hlth Sci, Coll of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 1984
Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine 1984
University of Health Sciences-KC
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- St Louis Univ Hosp, Critical Care Medicine-Internal Medicine; Truman Med Ctr-West, Pulmonary Diseases; Forest Park Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Deaconess Hosp
- University of Missouri, KC St. Louis University Medical School
- St. John's Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Kirk A Nelson D.O.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63123Get Direction
SAFETY HARBOR, FL 34695Get Direction
Dr. Kirk A Nelson D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nelson
- Cystic Fibrosis Exacerbations: A Review of the Major STOP Study
Individuals and families affected by Cystic Fibrosis (CF) know that exacerbations are not just stressful, but also dangerous. CF exacerbations are associated with lung function decline, poor quality of life, and the increased risk of death or need of a lung transplant. Preventing and treating these...
- Firefighters from Around the World Take Steps Toward Cystic Fibrosis Research
As a firefighter, Wes Loucks received countless emergency phone calls throughout his 32 years of service for the Portland Fire and Rescue Bureau. After retiring, he received a personal call for help from his own family. His two grandsons were both born with cystic fibrosis (CF), a chronic genetic...
- What Is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is inflammation of the cells lining your bronchial airways. Bronchitis affects males more than the females. Bronchitis can be due to an infection (viral or bacterial in origin), inhalation of smoke, dust or any other irritating substance....
- How This Journalist Became a Champion of Cystic Fibrosis Awareness
New York journalist Scott Pelley is being celebrated by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for his tremendous efforts to CF awareness. Read on to learn more.For people who don't have any personal connection to cystic fibrosis, the condition is often overlooked. The general public doesn't really know...
- Oxygen Therapy for COPD Patients
Patients with COPD have a difficult time breathing properly, resulting in a lack of oxygen. Because of this lack of supply, the main concern that arises is that there is not enough oxygen transporting to vital organs.A lack of oxygen in the body can be fatal. It is considered the most salient...
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- Dr. William P. Galli D.O.405 Buttercup Dr Mountain Home AR 72653
- Dr. Michael Jeffrey Barkoviak M.D.11133 Dunn Rd Saint Louis MO 63136
- Dr. Neil Ettinger MD222 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Barbara Joy Foner MD11155 Dunn Rd Saint Louis MO 63136
- Dr. Brian James Hamburg MD1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Joseph Michael Seria M.D.3915 Watson Rd Saint Louis MO 63109