Delbert H. Meyer, MD, is a leading pulmonologist who has recently retired from Pulmonary Medicine Associates in Carmichael, California. After earning his medical degree in 1962 at Kansas University Medical School, he completed an internship at Wayne County General Hospital, residency at Ann Arbor VA Hospital, and fellowship at the University of California at Davis. Dr. Meyer is a Fellow of the American Thoracic Society and member of the American College of Chest Physicians, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, the American Thoracic Society, the American Medical Association, and the California Medical Association.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1962
Dr. Delbert H. Meyer MD's Expert Contributions
About 5 to 25 minutes depending on what parameters are ordered. Spirometry: 5 minutes Flow volume loop 5 Lung volumes 15 Distribution studies: 10 minutes Lung diffusion 15 If using a body box, may take a lot longer. It may take twice as long if the Pulmonary Function Tech doesn't know his equations. Del Meyer, MD Pulmonologist FATD Patient Questions wrote: READ MORE
- Pulmonary Medicine, Ann Arbor VA Hospital
- Wayne County General Hospital
- Respiration, University of California at Davis
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Chest Physicians, Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, American Thoracic Society, American Medical Association, California Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- Writes a column called Medical Tuesday
- Written 400 articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- His father who instilled his great work ethic in him.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Writing
Dr. Delbert H. Meyer MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Delbert H. Meyer MD | Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Delbert H. Meyer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Coping with COPD
Many people live life without realizing that they have COPD – the umbrella term for emphysema and bronchitis – even though it is a common disease.Long-term smokers will most likely have scars on their lungs that will become inflamed and irritated due to COPD. Patients tend to complain, but fail...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- What is Acute Bronchitis?
What is Bronchitis?We often run under weather catching a flu or a cold that stays on for a couple of days to weeks, after which we normally get back to normal. However, sometimes even a small infection of cold or flu, could turn into a bronchitis infection causing much disturbance to your normal...
- Cough Medicine for Cystic Fibrosis
Medications for cystic fibrosis can help control the mucus in the lungs and keep the lungs’ normal functioning as much as possible. What is Cystic Fibrosis?Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease known to affect the cells that make mucus, digestive fluids, and sweat. Usually, these fluids are thin...
- What Can Cause Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)?
Shortness of breath is defined as the feeling of inability to breathe normally, hence producing a troublesome sensation. Such breathlessness is a distinct issue in every affected individual. Typically, if in an event of modest labor or any unexpected situation leads to a shortness of breath, it is...
- COPD: Know the Signs and Symptoms – Pink Puffers and Blue Bloaters
COPD is a chronic lung condition that makes it difficult for you to breathe. Know about the signs and symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Blue Bloater and Pink puffer do not develop until the later stages of this disease. COPD is a term used to describe progressive lung...
- Kimberly A. Hardin4150 U Street Sacramento California 95817
- Dr. Leslie W. Barger M.D.3000 Q St Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Muhammad Afzal M.D.1485 RIVER PARK DR SACRAMENTO CA 95815
- Dr. Susan Murin MD4150 V St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Alan Paul Cubre M.D.5 Medical Plaza Dr Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Daniel Philip Ikeda M.D.1485 RIVER PARK DR SACRAMENTO CA 95815