Dr. Robert L Karp MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry8500 Menaul Blvd Ne Suite A330 Albuquerque NM, 87112
Dr. Robert Karp is a psychiatrist practicing in Albuquerque, NM. Dr. Karp is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Karp diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Karp may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Karp treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1970
- University Hosp, Psychiatry; Ny Med Coll/Met Hosp Ctr, Psychiatry; Ny Med Coll/Met Hosp Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Robert L Karp MD's Practice location
Albuquerque, NM 87112Get Direction
Dr. Robert L Karp MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Karp
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Binge Eating Disorder: Get the Facts
Individuals suffering from binge eating disorder (B.E.D) often eat excessively. They are not able to control the intake of food when the binges kick in. People with this disorder are distinct from bulimia and anorexia victims in that the former don’t vomit, eat little quantities of particular...
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- How Is Autism Diagnosed?
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) describes a specific set of developmental and behavioral problems that affect an individual's behavior, as well as an individual's social and communication skills. A diagnosis of ASD means that your child’s social and communication skills, as well as play skills, are...
- Psychologist vs. Psychiatrist
IntroductionFor individuals who suffer from certain mental health problems, there is always a question that comes to their mind. Whom should they approach for help? How would one know which type of doctor would be right and whom should they speak to? Do they need to go to a psychiatrist or a...
- Dr. Luke Brewton MD1 University Of New Mexico Albuquerque NM 87131
- Mr. Ronald Lee Romanik M.D.7520 MONTGOMERY BLVD NE ALBUQUERQUE NM 87109
- Dr. Yasin M Choudry M.D.2400 TUCKER NE ALBUQUERQUE NM 87131
- Dr. Adam Graff M.D.1 University Of New Mexico Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Kevin E Rexroad M.D.3214 Purdue Pl Ne Albuquerque NM 87106
- Dr. Carl Brown MDUnm Hospital Psychiatry Albuquerque NM 87131